Will I get in to any of these colleges?

<p>I am gonna take classes at my local community college, and I want to transfer in the spring. I am looking into 3 colleges and according to college board, in 2 of the colleges you need a 2.0 minimum GPA, and for the 1 college you need a 2.8 minimum GPA.
I want to apply to these colleges in august, and by then I should have a 3.1 GPA.
Do I have a chance at getting into any of these colleges?</p>

<p>Because I did my senior year at community college, I currently have 12 transferable credits, but I'm taking 2 summer session classes so by the time I apply to these colleges in august, I'll have 18 transferable credits.</p>

<p>You'll likely need at least a 3.5+ GPA to be competitive at these colleges. Many colleges say you need at least a 2.0, but that is just the bare minimum for them to even look at your application. If it is a large state school you are looking at, you may have a chance.</p>

<p>Also, you will need a stellar HS record if you want to transfer in the spring since you only have about one semester's worth of classes. The fewer credits you have at your current college, the more weight they will give to your HS stats. Again, if it's a big state school, you may have a chance, but its a better idea to stay at cc and keep improving your GPA and then apply for Fall semester for your junior year.</p>

<p>It would help if you told us what state you are in. For example, if you are in California, you can NOT even transfer into a UC or CSU with less than 60 credits.</p>

<p>There is no way of telling you if you have a chance without you being more specific. What schools, what state are you in etc</p>

<p>I live in PA.</p>

<p>You want to attend in the fall? Check and make sure the deadline hasnt passed.</p>

<p>I want to attend in the spring.</p>