Will it screw me up?

<p>Hello CC'ers</p>

<p>I just got my grades for my second semester back. I took 6 subjects, and got A's in 5 subjects and an F in one. I got the F because I was ill and could not show up to turn in my term paper on the due date, and despite explaining this to my professor, she did not accept it. Is it possible to explain this on my college transfer app when it comes time to transfer or will it just be strange? Obviously I will do my best to not make my proffessor look like an *******, but I was wondering if I could somehow explain that circumstances led to my getting an F, not that I was incompetent. I have to take it again and I'm sure I will get an A ( also meaning I have to increase my course load to 7 per semester, but oh well)</p>

<p>I'd really appreciate any answers.
Thank you!</p>

<p>yes definitely explain it and if possible you should go straight to your academic dean and see what they can do, or at least have them write a letter of explanation for you</p>

<p>If you saw a doctor when you were ill, that physician would be able to provide a letter for you to give to the instructor and/or your academic dean.</p>