<p>Hello, quick story of my life:</p>
<p>I graduated from high school in 2005. After high school I enrolled in the local college, but not having any clue of what I was interested in, I dropped out after one year with a 1.8 gpa. I think I just stopped going around march. Running out of money and unable to find a job in the small georgia town I lived in, I joined the navy. </p>
<p>Five years later, after being stationed in Japan on an aircraft carrier, traveling all over south-east Asia and experiencing the amazing cultures of Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, Thailand, South Korea, and the Philippines, as well as getting married, I got out of the Navy a completely different person. </p>
<p>My wife and I moved to Chicago. Despite explaining in the application essay how much I had changed over the last 5 years and that I now knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life, only a few colleges accepted me with my 1.8 gpa. I ended up enrolling at a private university that accepts 75% of applicants. </p>
<p>One year later, I’ve taken:
Psych 101,
U.S History,
a Humanities course,
College Algebra,
Calculus,
Econ 101,
Econ 102,
Intro to Statistics and Probability
Accounting 101</p>
<p>and I have a 4.0 gpa. </p>
<p>However if I average in my 1.8 gpa, I only have a 2.88. I’ve done some calculating and even if keep my 4.0 gpa every year till I graduate, my overall gpa will never be higher than 3.58. </p>
<p>I would really like to go to a much better school. Maybe NYU or Columbia GS. But will that ever be possible? Or will my 1.8 gpa haunt me for the rest of my life?</p>