Willing to transfer from "Colby-Sawyer College."

<p>Hello there,</p>

<p>I am an international student, currently admitted to Colby Sawyer College, NH. I was able to complete my first semester with 3.76 GPA. Everything in Colby Sawyer College is good. I can't complain. People are nice, food is ok-ish, dorms are fine and professors are good to interact with. I have been provided with scholarship that covers full tuition fee. Still I'm paying around $13k per year for room&board. Alright, that isn't a bug factor for me too.</p>

<p>The only problem is that it doesn't have much variety of course choices. I am still undeclared because I cannot find the exact course I want to study. I want to study anything related to computers. Either computer engineering, software engineering, programming or website coding and stuff. I love to code/design websites and do some graphic works. That is my area because I love those works.</p>

<p>Therefore, I want to transfer to college that provides atleast full tuition waiver to international transfer students with the course choices mentioned above. For this, I need your help, guys. I came to know about Colby-Sawyer College from this forum too. If anyone of you have any idea that could help me in this situation, would really be awesome. </p>

<p>I would truly appreciate your reply.</p>




<p>With a combination of Intl. and transfer applicant, this is going to be extremely tough. You can look at the Resources sticky thread at the top of this forum, there’s a link to a thread about merit awards, but I’m not sure which, if any, are for Intls.</p>

<p>I understand. But, do you have any college in mind that gives good financial aid for transfer internationals?</p>

<p>My understanding from your OP is that you have a merit award, is that correct? Or are you looking for need based FA?</p>

<p>It’s not totally merit award. It’s the combination of needs and merit awards, that totals as full tuition waiver.</p>

<p>Got it. </p>

<p>As you probably already know, for need based FA, there are relatively few that are generous for Intl. students. Go to the Resources sticky thread at the top of the FA & Scholarships forum and read the thread for Int. students, there’s information on both merit and need based aid. About the only thing you can do is start with the schools that have merit, need, or both for fr admits and see how they treat transfers.</p>

<p>Trying to match/better the deal Colby Sawyer awarded is tough call. Full rides for international students isn’t all that common. Most “really good” C.S./Comp Eng programs are at larger universities with well regarded engineering schools. Your C-S GPA gives you a running strat towards a ice merit transfer scholarship. Ther first step is to indentify schools you like. Second, investigate the transfer award process.</p>

<p>Thank you for you opinion. I am emailing colleges to get the info about financial aid they are providing. Anyway, is there any names of colleges which you would suggest me? What do you mean by ‘ice merit transfer scholarship,’ here?</p>