With these kinds of stats, should I even bother applying to these colleges?

<p>Colleges I'm applying to in order of preference:</p>

<p>US Air Force Academy
US Naval Academy
Purdue (for engineering)
Univ. of Michigan
Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech
Univ. of Maryland (College Park)
Rose-Hulman</p>

<p>ACT: 32 (34 English, 34 Math, 30 Reading, 29 Science) </p>

<p>SAT: 1410/2070 (680 CR, 730 M, 660 W) retook this though. expecting higher score, hopefully 2100+</p>

<p>And my gpa is REALLY low, only a 3.50 (3.75 weighted). But I've taken the hardest courses offered, and I'm extremely involved in extra curriculars (NHS, FBLA, DECA, SciOly, Sci Fair to name a few), and I have several awards (most in those EC's).</p>

<p>I want atleast 10 replies. i'll bump until this happens</p>

<p>yes you should</p>

<p>Have you lined up your USAFA recommendation- congressional nomination?</p>

<p>Between March 1 of your junior year and December 31 of your senior year, you must request a nomination from your state's congressional representative(s) or other designated nominator.</p>

<p>Yes I have applied to congressional nominations. what's left of the academies is the essay, interview (several), and fitness test</p>

<p>Ummmm... over 2000 SAT's and your worried about not bothering applying to college. I wish I could get a 2000. You can still get into some very good schools.</p>

<p>*** if im not correct, im pretty sure ur gpa, and act for USAFA are a shoe in dude. dont worry im pretty sure your in. GL in da air force haha dont get kicked out senior year 2 weeks be4 grad</p>

<p>lol I know I'm going to college, I didn't include my safeties. but i was worrying about getting in to THESE colleges.</p>

<p>And byron, I'm certainly not a shoo-in for any of these lol. but if i do get in, i'll try my best to not get kicked out haha!</p>

<p>bump 10char</p>

<p>Yeah, go for it.
Why do you even put yourself down if you're doing the best you can?</p>

<p>You shouldn't have much trouble getting into any except for the military academies. For the military academies, you have a fair shot if you get congressional recs.</p>

<p>lol i dont really put myself down. but you gotta admit, the title of this thread is atleast a little interesting. but i dont feel as though i did my BEST. I think i could have gotten a couple higher grades.</p>

<p>And whale, I applied for those last/early this month. I'm anxious about it.</p>

<p>APPLY!</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1232794-final-chance-thread-will-chance-back.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1232794-final-chance-thread-will-chance-back.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>lol i think i will</p>

<p>more chances?</p>