Withdraw ED application?

<p>So I applied ED to X University. I'm not sure what to do if I do get accepted since I'll have to withdraw my applications. I'm missing some documents that they need and since I don't believe my parents can obtain them, I might be hindered in attending X school. Thus if this happens, I'll have nowhere to go. I admit, I really want to go to this school but seeing I lack some documents needed to assay my financial need, I might not be able to attend IF accepted.</p>

<p>Bottom line, can I withdraw my application as ED and just apply RD? I'm freaking out about this because if I do get accepted, I might not have the aid to attend and having withdrawn my apps from all the other schools, I'll have no options.</p>

<p>I submitted my complete application before the deadline and I was wondering if there was any possible way to withdraw it after submitting it. The deadline was Nov. 1. It is now Nov.12. Again, I really want to go to this school, I'm just missing one of the documents needed for the financial aid and I'm afraid that if I don't submit all of them, my chance of obtaining any aid will be out the window. </p>

<p>Is this possible, to be able to withdraw my ED app and apply RD after submitting the ED app?</p>

<p>I am so confused! Your ED app is filed and incomplete, and you want to withdraw it and file it again as RD after you get a document....is that right?</p>

<p>Does the ED school show your application as complete? Have you talked to them about the delay?</p>

<p>Yes you can ask them to change the status of your application from ED to RD. Email them and ask what you need to do.</p>

<p>Well I submitted everything from my application. What I haven't submitted are the things for financial aid that are apart from the application. Its the CSS, Income tax and W-2 copies I'm talking about. I have everything expect one certain document.</p>

<p>You can't obtain certain financial papers but now</p>


<p>If you switch from ED to RD there's going to be some sort of change of state of affairs and then you WILL be able to get said documents? How is it that you can't get them now but you can get them then?</p>

<p>You can email the school admissions and ask to change it to RD, but....your parents should be able to find their tax docs/file the CSS/send needed docs. It's not that difficult, but it takes some time. If you do have to withdraw your ED app. please let them know that they need to gather all of this information during regular application round regardless. They need to be ready to submit to FAFSA and CSS before they file their taxes (using estimations for 2011 taxes). I'm just concerned that you will withdraw this ED app. then go through all of this again with your parents in Feb. with several schools. Maybe you can tell them that if you get into this ED school that they won't have to go through the trouble of sending docs to all the other CSS schools in Feb. :).</p>

<p>My friend's S tried to withdraw an ED application and was not able to so I'd talk to your guidance counselor asap to see if it is even possible.</p>

<p>Most schools that I know of will allow you to convert an ED application into a RD application. Just contact the school as soon as possible and explain the situation and what you want to do.</p>

<p>Most schools do allow you to change your application status. It makes no difference to them. But you need to explain why, or they will presume your interest level has waned and you are more interested in another school and perhaps double ED filed. </p>

<p>I am not clear on why your parents cant provide a financial aid document. All schools which offer financial aid will require W-2's and Income Tax records at some point. Most schools will use the CSS and FAFSA for an initial offer of admission and financial aid, but require the financial aid documents to finalize it. All ED schools tell you that financial considerations are the only way out of an ED obligation, but you must have a good faith attempt to meet their expenses, including student loans. </p>

<p>I am no fan of ED applications. I am in favor of non binding EA applications.</p>

<p>This is a no brainer.</p>

<p>If accepted ED you cannot attend because you can't afford it because you have not completed the financial aid requirements. </p>

<p>You must call and change from ED to RD or you will not be able to attend that school at all. You must put your GC in the loop. You should indicate the reason for doing this to demonstrate that your interest has not diminished. If they accept you ED, they will not give you a package. You can get out of the ED agreement because the financial package will not allow you to attend. However, I presume that you really want to go to that school. Thus if you change to RD, you might still get in and be in a position to attend. </p>

<p>If the school does not let you change from ED to RD, then just withdraw the application because you cannot attend this school. </p>

<p>There are plenty of schools.</p>