Workin' for classes... worth a mention?

<p>I am a student taking a gap year, and a big part of that (for me) will be finding ways to learn while away from school. My parents aren't supportive of my plans, and have refused to help me financially in any way (that's not to say that they aren't supportive people, they really are. They just made it very clear to me that if i wanted to take time off and reapply to schools, I would be fronting the gap year bill).
So far I've invested in foreign language lessons and I will soon start paying for community college courses. I think it's worth mentioning that I'm not doing ANY of this solely for a leg up on admissions - I am truly interested in the courses I am taking, and I am thinking about studying the language (French) or what I'm taking CC classes for (advanced math courses that were not offered at my high school, which had a very limited curriculum).
I've been working a part time job all summer, and the majority of what I earn is going towards this stuff. Honestly, I wouldn't change that for the world, I am so interested in what I'm learning. But is it worth mentioning, somewhere, that I paid for this myself, with my own savings? Kind of an unusual question, so thanks a lot.</p>

<p>PS - some people on this site have warned against comm college classes, because it can force a student to apply as a transfer. I've already cleared this up with the colleges I'm applying to, and I'm not in danger of that, hopefully!</p>