Would a UCLA Extension certificate prevent me from transferring?

<p>I'm enrolled in the UCLA Extension DCA certificate program and it's not related to my college major. Though I'm almost certain that it counts as college course work because you get unit credit and a letter grade. The good thing is classes haven't started yet so I can still drop.</p>

<p>The reason I ask is because of the unit limit at some colleges and especially UCs. If you major in the sciences before transferring from your CC you're going to have lots of units. Even more in my case because I changed my major to computer science after 12 units of specific business course work.</p>

<p>No, it doesn't count towards your unit limit. I asked a UCB counselor the same question because I wanted to do concurrent enrollment and summer classes and she said that the only way that someone could go over the unit maximum is if you acquire 80 semester units at a 4 year as a student at that 4 year.</p>

<p>That's good to hear and I certainly hope it doesn't count. I was thinking of applying to UCLA, but it's certainly not my only choice.</p>

<p>I'm assuming the UCLA Extension course work would probably count toward GPA? Wow. I never thought I'd have to ask these sort of questions.</p>