Would I fit in at WashU?

<p>I am not a genius. I'm not even super hard working (not that I'm incredibly lazy though). The only reason why I have a shot at getting in here is because I have a legacy.</p>

<p>But what's stopping me is I'm worried that if I get here, I'll be the one normal kid in a sea of snobby elitist geniuses. I consider myself the average, pretty smart high schooler. I am a pretty normal person. Not a nerd, or a genius. I'd rather hang out with friends than study. I can be lazy sometimes. I look at the nerds in my high school and feel like I wouldn't belong with people like that so I don't want to go here only to find that I'm surrounded with people like that.</p>

<p>Would I fit in at a prestigious place like WashU?</p>

<p>You sound a lot like my son who is in his junior year at Wash U. He has a great group of friends there and LOVES it.</p>

<p>If you can get in, the school certainly think you will be a fit. Its upto you to prove you are a fit when you get there.</p>

<p>Is your implication that WashU is full of nerds?</p>

<p>Might look at some Patriot League schools loke Holy Cross, Bucknell. Both have good combination of academics and athletics.</p>

<p>I saw your stats on another thread, and think that even with a legacy boost your odds of getting accepted are low, unless your SAT scores have improved.</p>

<p>Have you visited the school, and talked to some students there? That would help you get a sense of if you would like to be at school with the WashU student body.</p>