Would I have a shot?

<p>Would I have a shot at a good merit scholarship in OSU (applying Nov 2007)?</p>

<p>Stats:</p>

<p>SAT: 690 M, 650 CR (1340 CR+M), 590 Writing = 1930
SAT II: Math II, French, Literature (to be taken in May, 700+ in all), Hebrew in June (700+)
GPA: 3.9ish UW
Courseload: IB Diploma (6 subjects + ToK) predicted 41 points…very tough
Recommendations: will be outstanding
Essay: should be great
ECs: great, includes variety of sports, academic prizes, languages (fluent in 4: English, French, Port, Hebrew with good knowledge of Spanish) and expeditions</p>

<p>Jewish Caucasian International (South America)</p>

<p>What do you think are my chances for a good scholarship?</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p>Yeah, you'll get a scholarship. They automatically give you a $2k one if you apply before Dec. 1st, and it's only based on if you get into Honors or not. With your scores so far, you'll get in for sure. And you'll probably be invited to the Maximus competition. All this is online.</p>

<p>How do you know you'll get 700+ on your SAT subject tests if you haven't taken them yet?</p>

<p>You will not be invited to the Maximus Competition with those scores.</p>

<p>Thanks for the input. I am international, though, so are you sure I am eligible for all of those? I know I should get the International Buckeye (1180 SAT and good ranking which I already have), but can I get the others?</p>

<p>VelaenOscuridad - I am pretty sure because I have done a practice test on each one of them, and what is being tested I already have done in all subjects. I do French HL, English Lit HL which basically assures me for those 2 subject tests (it is really really harsh those lessons but I do extremely well) and Maths and Hebrew I will do well because I am well prepared</p>

<p>Thanks for the input!</p>

<p>Are you applying with an F-1 visa??? If you are, the best scholarship you will get is the International Buckeye Scholarship of $6,600. Sorry.</p>

<p>Exactly why I was asking about them!</p>

<p>do you need more information???</p>

<p>Thanks! 10 char</p>

<p><a href="http://undergrad.osu.edu/internationalfreshman.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://undergrad.osu.edu/internationalfreshman.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>I think you will only be eligible for the Internat'l Buckeye Award. Even though it's not poor merit aid, you would probably be able to find a better package if you looked at some other schools, esp. private ones seeking diversity. The Maximus Scholarship, which would offer you (or anyone) the most amount of merit aid (full tuition and full ride) has qualifications of 1420+ (CR + Math) for the SAT.</p>