Would this be possible?

<p>I have a GPA of 4.09 and an ACT of 32, which is equal to about a 2130.
My essays were pretty good and I had plenty of EC's. Yet I was rejected from UCSD.</p>

<p>My mom grew frustrated about this and called the admissions office and found out that they hadn't received my ACT score, so they were only basing their decision off of the second highest testing score they received, which was a 2020 on my SAT.
My mom called the ACT people and they said that there might have been a technical error and UCSD may not have received the score. She called UCSD again and they said to fax her the official document and they'll talk to someone about it. Which is what we just did.</p>

<p>Would it be possible for them to change their minds at this point? Or at least put me on the waitlist?
Thanks.</p>

<p>I would think so. It is new and compelling information, one of their requirements for appeals</p>

<p>I think they will probably put you on the waitlist…but omg that sucks! I am so sorry :(</p>

<p>And for future reference, do not have your mom do this stuff. It reflects badly on you. Do your dirty work yourself.</p>

<p>I personally doubt anything will change, you should have checked your log in to make sure your scores were sent to the school months ago, shame shame :wink: Your mom shouldn’t have had to make the call though, Good LUCK!</p>

<p>Are you saying 100 pts would make a difference ? what major and how many ap/honors ? And class rank ? good luck !</p>

<p>At this point, I’m not sure if it would change anything. You were supposed to be responsible for making sure that everything was received. However, you never know. It’ll be interesting to see if the 100 points makes a difference or if they’re willing to accept it. Good luck!</p>

<p>zeeb made me crack so hard LOLLLLL</p>

<p>I’m gonna have to agree with everyone else on here…
I don’t think the ACT score is going to change anything. 100 points on an SAT probably won’t change anything. The UC’s have been pretty random this year. You should have checked to see they had received the ACT score. You MIGHT be put on the waitlist, but I wouldn’t count on it. With your GPA/scores, you’ll definitely get in to some great schools though. Good luck!</p>

<p>For what it’s worth, try anyway. I said in a previous thread that my cousin was wait-listed last year with very high stats and great ECs. She appealed the decision and it turns out they made an error in her application. She was accepted immediately. She’s a current freshman at ERC.</p>

<p>In your case, it’s different because it was not UCSD that made the error. Still, it will not hurt to try and appeal. If you’ve gotten into a better school though, perhaps it doesn’t matter.</p>

<p>Shouldve logged into triton link… There was a long list of all received scores during the period between application and decisions</p>