Would you buy this house?

<p>If you knew this?
Home</a> Elevator Becomes Death Trap For Elderly Georgia Couple Stuck Inside | Fox News</p>

<p>The price is okay but definitely not a bargain. As much as we love the location and views, DH and I said we probably could not live there. In GA, if the house is not the site of a homicide, suicide or rape it doesn't have to be disclosed. If a buyer asks the "right questions", the seller does have to disclose.</p>

<p>Just curious about other opinions.</p>

<p>This is a very sad story, however, people die in their homes all the time. There would be alot of knock downs if people did'nt buy these homes. It seems like a very nice home and I am sure the elevator will have regular inspections and a phone installed.</p>

<p>Yes I would. Why not? It's not "bad karma" like horrific violence. These people had an unfortunate thing happen and their descendents need a buyer.</p>

<p>If I loved the location and house, I'd buy it. </p>

<p>It's a shame those people died due to not having a battery backup for their elevator and/or a phone to call for help, as well as failing to have their elevator serviced. When we didn't have a landline connection, we always kept our cell phones with us. </p>

<p>We've had our elevator serviced twice in four years. The first time was a priority call because a family member had no other way to reach a safe haven during tornado warnings. The second time that wasn't an issue, so we just didn't use it for about three weeks out of an over abundance of caution.</p>

<p>If some poor old dear fell in the bathroom and died, would you not care to buy that house as well? That sort of thing probably happens far more often than we hear about. If this is outside of your comfort zone, there's nothing wrong with decision to pass by the house. I probably would have a similar reaction if a violent rape had taken place in a home.</p>

<p>This tragedy would not stop me but it WOULD prevent my wife from going through with the purchase. Obviously, not everyone reacts the same way.</p>

<p>I'd be concerned about the smell. That can be difficult to get rid of. Otherwise, hate the white kitchen cupboards and the price is too high.</p>