Wrong type of Engineering Internship

<p>So I'm a fresh undergrad Chem E at Cleveland State and I secured a position at Western Enterprises. While the company deals with chemicals, my internship is more mechanical/manufacturing based (Autocad, hydraulics etc). Will this still look good to chemical companies considering me in the future? Or did I screw my first summer over by getting into the wrong internship?</p>

<p>IMO you did well to get an internship in your field as a freshman… yea, it is not EXACTLY what you want to do, but it is the right direction, yes?</p>

<p>surely you are not considering quitting and then having no internship?</p>

<p>haa yeah I wouldn’t quit. I’m too poor to be that picky. Maybe I can maneuver my way towards working with the gases more than the mechanics and eventually have a chemical job.</p>

<p>engineering is way unrelated to my field, but the company you are interning at does have the type of job you think you want to do, yes? Just you are in a different office? Toward the end of the summer, I would talk to the people there and explain that you had a great time (if you are interested in coming back), but you think that you would like to try a different office (because you think it fits more with your skills, or you want to broaden your experience, or whatever), and see if they would be willing to work with you on that for the following summer.</p>

<p>or maybe they would be willing to help set up a meeting between you and a supervisor in the department that you would so you can talk about it and ask questions and stuff, and you can tell that person that you would like to work in that office next summer.</p>