Yale early action chance me

<p>Chance me for yale early action! I am a male white canadian citizen. I know French and had to learn English when I moved to USA. I take spanish in High school. I live in Wisconsin: Public school. I want to go in pre-med or major in a science(bio).</p>

<p>SAT Subject Tests- will take math 2 and Chem next month
ACT 31 composite. ( E 33, M 32, R 27, S 31) 10 on writing
I am taking the ACT again next month.
GPA 4.0
Class rank- 1
AP Classes- AP Chem (4), AP calc AB (5), AP comp and lit (didn't take test)</p>

<p>Senior year classes-AP bio, AP psych, AP calc BC, physics, Spanish, comm arts, band</p>

<p>Extra curriculars-
Medical Mentoring program
Math league
Link Crew
Pep Band
Marching band
FC magic club soccer
Varsity Soccer for all 4 years. Have played for 14 years.
Church league basketball team
Flaming shockers indoor soccer team</p>

<p>Awards-
Club state champs
Club finalist
Region 2 us soccer third place for club
Highschool soccer finalist(junior year)
Score a 1 on solo and ensemble clarinet choir
Published in a national poetry book </p>

<p>Volunteering-
Volunteer in inpatient surgery prep at local large hospital
Region 2 us soccer tournament volunteering</p>

<p>Let me know what my chances are and suggest any schools or tips to help me out. Be honest I need all the help I need. I am serious about medicine. My safety school is UW- madison. Thank you!</p>

<p>Yale will have more competitive ACT scores. Your class rank is a plus. Essentially, with the stats you have, you may not stand out at all from all the other applicants from which they will accept less than 7 percent unless you get through to them by showing yourself and revealing something you are passionate about that makes you unique. With that said, you should have good essays. Really really good ones. You should make them see you. That's not always easy but just try to be natural. You can definitely be admitted into Yale. Work on SAT II. I don't think UW-Madison should be a safety for you. You can probably get in, but you could also be rejected with those stats. They reject perfect GPAs, high scores and strong-seeming candidates all the time. However you apply and wherever you apply, you should definitely make the adcom want to admit you, and not because of just your scores or ECs, but because of you. Good luck.</p>

<p>Decent chances, though getting your SAT to say... 34, would help A LOT. Also, if you were recruited for soccer, that'd help a lot too.</p>

<p>Yeah, you definitely want to get a higher ACT as only the bottom 25% have that low of score. I am surprised by your low science score for someone with an interest in pre-med/Bio. You may want to consider the Biology subject level exam as opposed to Chemistry. A good score (710 or above), if you do get accepted and do plan on a Bio major, allows you to skip one of the course prerequisites (MCDB 120 and it's associated lab).</p>

<p>My resume is freakishly similar to yours lol. I'm applying to Yale too.</p>

<p>Daniel1234now: why should Madison not be a safety school? I am 100% sure I will get accepted. I know people with 26 ACT that get accepted... My brother is there and he only had a 29 ACT.</p>

<p>If you want to do medicine try volunteering at a local hospital or shadowing a doctor if you can. I guess that's what you mentoring program was like. Your stats are very good. So are your extracurriculas. If it's not too late try and win some awards for soccer or marching band. Those help make you stand out a little more. Chance me back please? <a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1379820-chances-harvard-yale-uva-va-tech.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1379820-chances-harvard-yale-uva-va-tech.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Good Application! You stand a chance, especially if you're not applying for aid. I'm applying early to Yale too.</p>