Yale Summer Sessions. Should i not waist my money?

<p>Would applying be a waist of time and money or do I actually have a minuscule chance of acceptance?</p>

<p>Current high school junior
cumulative GPA: 3.50
Currant GPA: 4.60

<p>ECs: Leadership stuff, committee involvement, youth advocacy...I don't want to go into it a great deal, it will take too long. </p>

<p>Other info: Had a horrible freshman year. Took all Ac classes, got a few C's and one D which i later made up in summer school and got an A. Sophomore year was OK, essentially a vast improvement over freshman year. I took 2 honors and 2 JC classes. 1st semester GPA was 3.80, second was a 4.00</p>

<p>Current Classes:
Honors English
Advanced Choir
AP Spanish
AP Biology
Honors Algebra 3
AP Psychology</p>

<p>Soo.... be honest...?</p>

<p>um well for starters.. it's "waste"... but you should go for it. It hardly guarantees you admission, but that shouldn't be your only reason for wanting to go. It sounds like a fun experience!</p>

<p>Getting in to those programs is easy...seriously. As long as you can pay, I'm pretty sure you're in. I did the Yale Summer Programs this summer, and looking back, I had an awesome time and met some great people. I did take too many classes and overloaded myself....but i learned a lot! Anyway, go for it. I had a ton of fun.</p>

<p>But no, it def. wont help in admissions at all. sadly :-&lt;/p>

<p>ha ha, sorry. "waste"</p>

<p>Oh and um, about paying... Do these programs offer financial aid?</p>

<p>Yale doesn't. Cornell says they do...but they first reserve the money for their own students and then the students from their state...and if anything is left over...then the "others".....needless to say, i got nothin. Oh well, i had an awesome time at YSP!</p>

<p>Generally, how much is it for the summer? Assume I take 2 3unit courses (or 4 unit, however much a regular course is there)</p>

<p>get a job instead. not only will this help you more in college admissions...you will earn money instead of losing it</p>

<p>But, it would be really cool to have gone to one of these colleges if not for full undergrad at least for a summer. And, I'm not just loosing money, I'm investing it in my education. The more credits I earn over the summer, the less money I'll have to spend on general ed classes at the college I choose to go to. Therefor, it's not waist of money. </p>

<p>Oh yeah, and how early should i apply? Is now a good time? are the applications for these schools out yet (for the summer programs)</p>

<p>Application for the summer programs arent due until like april or may...you have a LOT of time. dont worry.</p>

<p>But i have to say, getting away from home for 5 weeks was soooo great!.!.! Clubs, parties, friends....it was all so fun</p>

<p>Awesome. But back to the applying early part... I had a friend who went to princeton over the summer and I beleive she applied around december/november. Anyhow, Harvard's website says that the earlier u apply the better becuase space is limited etc...</p>

<p>Go to YSP. It rocks. I had the best time of my life there, and was convinced to apply there as my first choice as a result. Do it.</p>

<p>YSP? Oh wait, yale secondary program! (right)?</p>

<p>FEW MORE QUESTIONS:</p>

<ol>
<li><p>When did you apply (to georgie specifically or anyone else who got into these programs)?</p></li>
<li><p>Do i REALLY have a chance considering my mediocre status? I mean, I'm a good student overall but not Yale material.</p></li>
<li><p>Is it necessary to send a transcript along with the summer school application?</p></li>
</ol>

<ol>
<li> I applied in March</li>
<li> Yes - you dont need to be Yale material. You just need about $4500</li>
<li> Yes, you need your counselor to send your transcript</li>
</ol>

<p>Crap, I'm screwed with the transcript because of my horrendous freshman grades (seriously). LOL, otherwise i'm feeling great!!!</p>