As your first college application deadlines approach, it’s a great time to focus carefully on whether your essays, transcripts, test scores (where applicable) and application are as polished as they can be. Check out these tips to ensure that yours shine.
- Admissions Expert Dispels 5 Myths About This Fall’s Application Cycle
- Get Organized With Our Free College Application Tracker
- Who Am I Competing Against in College Admissions?
- Should I Change the Major on My Application Due to AP Score?
- How Can I Make Up for Lower Grades in Online Courses?
- Is My College List Too Top-Heavy With Reach Schools?
- What Are the Pros, Cons of Early Action and Early Decision?
- The Upside of Rejections & How I Fell in Love with My Safety School: ASK ME ANYTHING!
- 5 Expert Tips Help You Write Your College Essays With Ease
- Infographic: Struggling with an Essay Topic? Ask Yourself These Questions
- Supplemental Essay Tips
- Essay Tips to Consider
Ask your questions or read through more discussions in our dedicated College Essays forum.
We also have a consolidated list of essay readers in our College Confidential community. Reach out to them for help!
- College Recommendation Letters: Who, When and How to Ask
- I Don’t Have a Teacher to Request a Letter of Recommendation from
- Can a Recommendation from a Professor of the University You’re Applying to Help Boost Your Chances?
- Do Universities Allow You to Submit Letter of Recommendation from Elective Teachers?
- Who Should Write my Letters of Recommendation?
- Report: Class of 2020’s Average SAT Score Drops to 1051
- Should a Student Travel to Take the SAT?
- Should Applicant Send SAT Scores When Math is High but Verbal Isn’t?
- 5 Tips to Get You Through Tough Texts on the SAT/ACT
- Directory of Schools Going Test Optional for 2020-2021
Ask your questions or read through more discussions in our dedicated SAT and ACT Tests & Test Preparation forum.
- Consult This Financial Aid Checklist as You Prep for the FAFSA
- Get to the Bottom of These 3 Financial Aid Questions
- Webinar Recap: FAFSA and Paying for College 101
- Which State Schools Do Not Charge an OOS Rate (and Will Also Give Merit Scholarships)?
- EFC Formula for 2020-21 Released
- The Psychological Effects of Loan Debt
Ask your questions or read through more discussions in our dedicated Financial Aid & Scholarships forum.
Have suggestions or comments? Respond below or edit this post (it is a wiki).