Senior year is kicking into high gear, whether you’re taking classes in-person or online. But you’ll still want to carve out time for your college applications, so we’ve put together some resources that can help you write essays, navigate test-optional policies and prepare your financial aid documents.
- Admission Officers Name 7 Mistakes Students Make During the Application Process
- 4 FAQs — With Expert Answers — About Applying to College This Fall
- Former Georgetown AO Demystifies Elite Admissions in New Book
- 5 Admission Officers Name Their Top Essay Tips
- Tackling The Common Application Essay
- Supplemental Essay Tips
- Essay Tips to Consider
Ask your questions or read through more discussions in our dedicated College Essays forum.
We also have a consolidated list of essay readers in our College Confidential community. Reach out to them for help!
- Help! I Have Very Few Extracurriculars and No Essay Ideas
- How Does a Student Do Standout Extracurriculars During a Pandemic?
Deep dive into our community’s vast knowledge and expertise and read through more insightful forum discussions on extracurriculars.
- How Important Are Teacher Recommendations?
- I Don’t Have a Teacher to Request a Letter of Recommendation from
- Can a Recommendation from a Professor of the University You’re Applying to Help Boost Your Chances?
- Do Universities Allow You to Submit Letter of Recommendation from Elective Teachers?
- Who Should Write my Letters of Recommendation?
- Should Student Send Slightly Sub-Median ACT Score to Test-Optional School?
- 5 Facts About This Fall’s Test-Optional Admissions Landscape
- How Do Colleges Compare Applicants Who Submit Test Scores With Those Who Don’t?
- 7 Last-Minute Things You Should Do the Week Before the SAT/ACT
- Directory of Schools Going Test Optional for 2020-2021
Ask your questions or read through more discussions in our dedicated SAT and ACT Tests & Test Preparation forum.
- 10 FAFSA Tips for This Fall’s Financial Aid Applicants
- How to Maximize Financial Aid This Fall
- Does Test-Optional for Admission Also Mean Test-Optional for Merit Aid?
- New Tool Helps Simplify Merit Aid Search
- Which State Schools Do Not Charge an OOS Rate (and Will Also Give Merit Scholarships)?
- EFC Formula for 2020-21 Released
- The Psychological Effects of Loan Debt
Ask your questions or read through more discussions in our dedicated Financial Aid & Scholarships forum.
- Are Ivies Really Test-Optional for International Applicants?
- Tips for International Students Applying to US Colleges this Fall
- ICE Rescind Policy on International Students Taking Online Courses
Ask your questions or read through more discussions in our dedicated International Students forum.
Let your parents help you with the process
Have suggestions or comments? Respond below or edit this post (it is a wiki).