right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

UC Davis Fall 2020: Transfer Thread

differentialinfodifferentialinfo 5 replies3 threads New Member
Feel free to comment based on this template (obtained from UC Berkeley Fall 2019 Thread):
GPA/ MAJOR GPA/ UC GPA
[ *] Extracurriculars (place leadership in parenthesis):
[ *] Job/Work Experience:
[ *] Volunteer/Community service:
[ *] Personal Statement:

[ *] Applied for Financial Aid?:
[ *][ b] Intended Major [ /b]:
[ *] State (if domestic applicant):
[ *] Country (if international applicant):
[ *] School Type:
[ *] Ethnicity:
[ *] Gender:
[ *] Income Bracket:
[ *] Hooks (URM, first generation college, research, etc.):

[ *] Strengths:
[ *] Weaknesses:
Applying to what schools?

Good luck to everyone in their transfer aspirations!
12 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: UC Davis Fall 2020: Transfer Thread

• uctransfernickuctransfernick 5 replies0 threads New Member
    edited September 2019
    Transfer from CCC
    MAJOR GPA: 3.5
    UC GPA: 3.22
    TAG: UCSC
    IGETC: Done by Spring
    PreReqs: Done by Spring
    Intended Major: Political Science - International

Extracurriculars: Political Candidate Meetups (Andrew Yang), Part of The Southern Sonoma County Democrats Club, Played Airsoft on a competitive team, won various speed-soft tournaments around the state
    Job/Work Experience: Worked/Still working at a Prosthetics and Orthotics office as a social media manager.
    Volunteer/Community service: Texting service for political candidates and primaries, helped give out supplies during Santa Rosa fires, Mentor Me Center.
    Personal Statement: Good, worked on for months.

Ethnicity: White-European

Applying to: UCSD, UCSC, UCSB, UCI, UCD
    edited September 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • nontradhopefulnontradhopeful 40 replies2 threads Junior Member
    GPA: 3.75 / 3.62
    IGETC and Major Prereqs: Done
    TAG: UCD
    Major: Community & Regional Development ~ Environmental Policy & Planning Emphasis
    Minor: Public Health
    CCC: Berkeley City College - Political Science and Psychology AA(s)
    Ethnicity: URM ~ decline to identify on app
    Income Bracket: Currently $50k - $18k for FAFSA year needed
    Strengths: Essays, upward grade trend - 3.8 and 4.0 final two semesters
    Weaknesses: Lack of EC's and volunteer work plus W's (majority retaken with A's).
    Applying to what schools?: UCD, UCB - UCSC, SJSU and SFSU (maybe)
    Job/Work Experience: 15+ years administrative/accounts payable and receivable/payroll/QA
    Volunteer/Community Service: SPCA, Meals on Wheels, Catholic church.
    EC: Zero....unless Candy Crush counts 😅 I play when I'm suffering from insomnia, currently on level 4,256.
    Applying for Financial Aid?: Yes

Good luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • Rottgrrl799Rottgrrl799 27 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Non "chances" post - wondering folks thoughts on whether it is of any advantage to do the Transfer Academic Update by the priority deadline of 1/31 or to wait until closer to the final deadline of 3/2. I ask because I have 2 winter intersession courses that I anticipate doing really well on. I should have the grades by 3rd week in February. If there is a chance they will be considered, I want to have them on the application. I had a downswing one semester (spring 2019) after transferring from a CSU to my local CC (after a traumatic on-campus experience at the CSU) and am really pissed that my overall GPA took a bit of a dive due to that. Even if the winter intersession grades are not used for GPA purposes I still want the UCs to see that I am ok and bounced back. Hope this makes sense. Thanks.
    · Reply · Share
    ***Correction - 3/31 deadline for transfer academic update....
    · Reply · Share
  • fashionista99fashionista99 78 replies7 threads Junior Member
    @Rottgrrl799 I am in the same boat as you. I am also taking a winter intersession class at a CCC and anticipate I will do well in this too. However, I suggest filling out the TAU as soon as possible. I know you would like to put in your winter grades, same as me, but it is better to get the update in before the 1/31 deadline, in my opinion. I just submitted my TAU with my winter course "in progress" and if my grades come in before 1/31, I'll update my TAU again. Like the email about the TAU said,

"We strongly advise you to meet the priority deadline for submitting the Transfer Academic Update to ensure that your latest grades and in-progress or planned coursework are considered in the admissions process. There is no guarantee that campuses will accept updates after the stated deadline, and failure to meet the deadline may jeopardize your admission.

There is no need to wait for winter intersession (January term) grades – complete the form without them. You may submit another update if your winter intersession grades become available before the deadline."

Hope this helped in any way! Good luck with your winter intersession courses!
    · Reply · Share
    thanks @fashionista99 - but unless I'm reading things wrong isn't 3/31 the actual "deadline"? 1/31 is listed as a "priority" deadline. So my question was really is here any benefit or advantage to submitting by the priority deadline (as opposed to closer to the 3/31 deadline). Thanks for responding in any event! Good luck!
    · Reply · Share
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 29699 replies302 threads Forum Champion
    edited January 9
    @Rottgrrl799: The actual deadline is January 31 for transfer application review.

The priority deadline for the Transfer Academic Update is January 31, 2020 just before midnight. Final grades for Fall 2019 submitted by the deadline will be calculated into your GPA for admission evaluation. You may continue to update your grades, in-progress courses, or planned courses for Winter and/or Spring term through the Transfer Academic Update until the end of March, but the UCs do not guarantee consideration for grades or changes submitted after the priority deadline.

If you want your Fall grades to be considered in your transfer application review, you need to submit them by the January 31 deadline.
    edited January 9
    · Reply · Share
  • Ohm888Ohm888 Forum Champion UC Transfers 2657 replies65 threads Forum Champion
    Do it in January for priority consideration then update as needed.
    · Reply · Share
  • flyingpancakes00flyingpancakes00 26 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Major: Psychology
    GPA: 3.8 (~3.9 from CC, 3.7 from previous private 4-year)
    IGETC: finished fall 2019
    Major Prep: last course in progress
    EC's: Last year I was part of ASB/events crew, ASL club. Currently not involved on campus but working 20 hours a week. Looking to start volunteering/getting more involved. Tons of medical ECs in HS
    Other: I plan on minoring in Bio, so I also have my chem and bio series in progress.
    Applied: UCLA, UCSB (tag), UCI, & UCD
    · Reply · Share
  • jesse'sgirljesse'sgirl 451 replies31 threads Member
    My son TAG'd Davis, and his TAG was accepted. Major: Chemical Engineering.

He was invited to apply for the Regents scholarship.

Good luck everyone.
    · Reply · Share
  • transfergirl14transfergirl14 43 replies13 threads Junior Member
    We need to have more people posting on here !
    · Reply · Share
  • SatanFlower69SatanFlower69 93 replies4 threads Junior Member
    UC / Major GPA: 3.8 & 4.0
    IGETC / Major Prereqs: Fall 2019
    CCC Transfer
    Female / 26 years old
    Major: Political Science: Public Service
    Essays: 7 - 9 out of 10
    EC - local animal shelters, started working full time and moved out immediately after high school
    Applying: SFSU, UCD, UCB, UCSD, UNC Chapel Hill, Duke, Vanderbilt, University of Richmond, Stanford
    Accepted: SFSU, UCD (TAG)

Good luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share