right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Share and Tell - New Year's Eve Plans

Replies to: Share and Tell - New Year's Eve Plans

• lje62lje62 5517 replies101 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,618 Senior Member
    Hosting an alcohol free party for a group of 18 year olds…husband drove them to have dinner in Atlantic City and they are on their way back to the house now. They will spend the night in our garage apartment . Nice to see them all dressed up for each other :D
    · Reply · Share
  • LoveTheBardLoveTheBard 2099 replies20 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 2,119 Senior Member
    Watching Kinky Boots and drinking Kir Royals.
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38410 replies465 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 38,875 Senior Member
    On the way to drop baby kiddo at her friends' house (yay!! No kiddos driving) and then off to the party. :)
    · Reply · Share
  • BunsenBurnerBunsenBurner 38410 replies465 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 38,875 Senior Member
    emilybee and Tony - best wishes and speedy recovery to your loved ones.
    · Reply · Share
  • morrismmmorrismm 3382 replies181 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 3,563 Senior Member
    Back from a nice dinner out. Now in my pj's, drinking some wine and waiting for the ball to drop. Happy New Year everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • zeebamomzeebamom 1356 replies3 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,359 Senior Member
    Tamales from the tamale lady, along with her homemade rice, beans, and salsa verde. H is watching a movie and I'll pull out a book to read.
    · Reply · Share
  • oldfortoldfort 22782 replies289 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 23,071 Senior Member
    @lje62 - I am sure they are all good kids, but if you want to make sure it is an alcohol free party then walk around your property, especially near the garage apartment to make sure there is no alcohol stashed. I would also go check up on them few times during the night and make sure everyone is accounted for.
    My kids are 22 and 26 now. They are good girls, but when they were in high school I knew too many alcohol free parties turned into "why there were so many beer bottles" (or other liquor bottles) at my house the day after. I much preferred my kids to go to parties where there were alcohol and parents were aware, so they could watch out for any abuse.
    · Reply · Share
  • shellzshellz 1376 replies38 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,414 Senior Member
    Because Times Square ain't for everyone....http://thepossumdrop.com/Information.html

Happy New Year!
    · Reply · Share
    Happy New Year!!! :)
    · Reply · Share
  • 3scoutsmom3scoutsmom 5435 replies336 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,771 Senior Member
    OK the neighbors must have spent their college savings on fireworks! It's been non-stop for hours, not the little bottle rockets but the huge booming mortars! Yes it's pretty but it's so LOUD! We still have more than two hours to go until midnight. The dog is not happy and my ears are ringing! I feel for the other neighbors with very small children - there's no way anyone could sleep through this!
    · Reply · Share
  • deb922deb922 5554 replies187 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,741 Senior Member
    The dinner and company were great. The game was a bust. I couldn't handle it and left after the 3rd quarter
    · Reply · Share
  • TonyKTonyK 1108 replies26 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,134 Senior Member
    3scoutsmom,

Either that or one of them just got a job with a fireworks company...boxes and boxes of free samples! How does a 4th of July vacation fit into your family's schedule?
    · Reply · Share
  • 3scoutsmom3scoutsmom 5435 replies336 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 5,771 Senior Member
    @Tonyk ugh! free samples? Next year I'm asking Santa for noise canceling headphones!
    Did I mention that they are setting these off in the middle of the street? I hope they are done by the time DD drives home from babysitting. Fireworks have always been big in our neighborhood but this year they are out doing the professional shows!
    · Reply · Share
  • TonyKTonyK 1108 replies26 discussionsRegistered User Posts: 1,134 Senior Member
    ^ ^ ^

Is your neighborhood okay with fireworks set off in the street? If other neighbors think like you then maybe somebody should speak to town officials.
    · Reply · Share
    I'm not thrilled with it but it's only once a year and no one wants to be a party pooper.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity