right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Notre Dame REA Class of 2024

Fred2020Fred2020 3 replies1 threads New Member
Hi everyone! I noticed there's not a major thread for this year's REA applicants. I thought we could overthink this thing together! Last year they released results on December 13 at 18:42

I'll be applying REA as an Engineering Major.
Good luck everyone!
edited June 25
134 replies
Post edited by ccadminkris on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Notre Dame REA Class of 2024

• KKreisKKreis 78 replies2 threads Junior Member
    Thanks for starting this. DD applied for political science
    · Reply · Share
  • coolkid13151coolkid13151 4 replies5 threads New Member
    Hi! I'll be applying REA as a Sociology major :)
    · Reply · Share
  • Ez2020Ez2020 16 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Good Luck!! I just finished up my third essay and almost ready to hit the submit button. I just keep looking over the common app again and again and again to make sure I don't leave anything off! This will be a ridiculously stressful few weeks for sure!!!
    · Reply · Share
  • pfosterpfoster 2 replies0 threads New Member
    Does ND require first quarter grades for REA?
    · Reply · Share
  • Betty5201Betty5201 26 replies1 threads Junior Member
    What is your opinion. I am applying engineering also and I wonder if it is actually a little easier to get accepted to ND as I think more people identify it as a business school. Thoughts?
    · Reply · Share
  • WineLoverWineLover 186 replies20 threads Junior Member
    @betty5201 It is never easy to get into Notre Dame LOL. Take a look at last year's thread of people who were not accepted with strong stats and even legacies with a strong history of donations to the school. Yes, the business school is more challenging for admission, however, I believe if a student does not get into Mendoza, he/she could be offered admission to another school. Somebody else should chime in on that because my son did not apply to Mendoza and I am not all that familiar with it.

@pfoster ND requires first semester grades when available (if you are admitted), and your school should send those. If you have a strong first quarter and feel it will enhance your application, you should send a copy of the grades to your admissions officer.

Good luck to the applicants. I was on this site last year at this time anxiously wondering what the outcome would be. My son is enjoying his first semester at ND and is current home for his fall break.

Go Irish!
    · Reply · Share
  • Fred2020Fred2020 3 replies1 threads New Member
    edited October 2019
    @betty5201 From what the admissions officer said at our past road show, you aren't admitted based on your major. They will give a pre-approval for any one wanting to go into Mendoza. But you aren't a business major until the second year. I think it's just hard to get into ND period
    edited October 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • bachbendbachbend 81 replies8 threads Junior Member
    Hi guys! I'm a current freshman at ND (class of '23) who got in REA last year. If y'all have any questions, feel free to reach out! I know College Confidential really helped me last year
    · Reply · Share
    @bachbend Thanks so much! I submitted my application last night! Do you remember how long it took for you to get the portal log in and which day hey sent the acceptance info?
    · Reply · Share
  • mollymg01mollymg01 13 replies0 threads New Member
    Hey everyone! This time last year I was OBSESSED with Notre Dame. I applied REA and unfortunately did not receive good news. If you do receive good news, congrats! Your hard work has paid off and you have a great institution to become a part of. If you don't receive good news, I promise that things will work out. No matter the case, I suggest having a playlist ready that will either help you cope or help you celebrate! Wishing you guys all the best from a school that I am so glad that I ended up at ;)
    · Reply · Share
  • NYC2018nycNYC2018nyc 373 replies16 threads Member
    Hi, My son applied on 10/31 and is waiting to get his email to set up his portal. How long does that normally take?
    · Reply · Share
  • Libby1901Libby1901 31 replies6 threads Junior Member
    It took a day or two for my son to get his portal info. I would also suggest he check his spam folder, as some of my son's ND emails ended up there.
    · Reply · Share
  • enwak20enwak20 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi everyone! I applied early for ACMS. I recently came across this Observer article that I wanted to share. I know it can be stressful to see "how the sausage is made," but I found this to be very informative. Good luck to all!

https://ndsmcobserver.com/2019/11/i-requested-my-admissions-documents-heres-what-i-found-out/
    · Reply · Share
  • mmofh14mmofh14 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Thanks so much for starting this! I have been waiting for something like this to appear, so it will be nice to hear from other people in the same boat as myself! I applied REA about a month ago...and have about a month of waiting left! Good luck to everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • vulpix687vulpix687 14 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Notre Dame just announced the decision release date! It’s December 13th at 18:42 EST!
    · Reply · Share
  • mmofh14mmofh14 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Oh wow that's awesome/really soon! How did you find that out?
    · Reply · Share
  • Ez2020Ez2020 16 replies1 threads Junior Member
    They just posted it on the admission page of the website. Good luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • NYC2018nycNYC2018nyc 373 replies16 threads Member
    What do they mean by 18:42 ET? Does that mean at 6:42 Eastern time? Or something else? Seems oddly specific for a time.
    · Reply · Share
    Yes, 18:42 ET is 6:42 pm EST. Notre Dame was founded in 1842 and they traditionally release decisions at that time of day.
    · Reply · Share
  • emilie2024emilie2024 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Thanks for sharing! ND has been my dream for so long and I can’t believe we’ll find out in less than 2 weeks. Best of luck to everyone!!!
    · Reply · Share