right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Georgia Tech is ranked top five public in the Nation by US News

ColoradomamaColoradomama 2779 replies32 threads Senior Member
Here is the new US News rankings and GaTech rose up again.
Its now top 5 in the category of Public US universities!
https://www.today.com/money/2020-best-us-colleges-u-s-news-world-report-rankings-t162086
GaTech is ranked very well for business too (operations management, business analytics and supply chain/logistics ) , and engineering , here are individual department ranks
https://www.news.gatech.edu/2019/09/09/georgia-tech-climbs-top-5-among-public-universities-us-news-rankings-engineering-programs?utm_campaign=daily-digest&utm_medium=email&utm_source=dd-article:12045|2019-09-09
9 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Georgia Tech is ranked top five public in the Nation by US News

• racereerracereer 343 replies1 threads Member
    MSE moves to #2 behind MIT. So when does Ga Tech get put on the CC Top Universities (Non-Ivy) list? Seems to fit just fine on the current list.
    · Reply · Share
  • UVAmom23UVAmom23 131 replies9 threads Junior Member
    edited September 2019
    Have a freshman son and he is happy as a clam! Seems to be balancing class demands and social well, and there is lots of social! Great grades so far but he is doing a lot of work during the week (library in between classes etc). Perfect fit for him for sure!!
    edited September 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • ColoradomamaColoradomama 2779 replies32 threads Senior Member
    I think "top" on CC means lots of blogging and hits. The Georgia Tech page is slower and less blogging than any of the "top" schools. Top does not mean rank in this case, it means hits, reads and blogs. Georgia Tech parents lose interest in College Confidential pretty quickly. Its not a controversial school in that the acceptance rate is very high for Georgia students, so its not really a mystery who gets into Georgia Tech so nothing to blog about, by and large. All valedictorians and salutatorians have automatic admission to Georgia Tech for instance.
    · Reply · Share
  • UddevalleUddevalle 6 replies4 threads New Member
    All Val and Sal in the state of Georgia that is
    · Reply · Share
  • socaldad2002socaldad2002 1786 replies33 threads Senior Member
    Forbes ranks it #13 as top public and #65 overall.
    · Reply · Share
  • Sorrento17Sorrento17 15 replies1 threads Junior Member
    This is currently my daughter’s top school. It is a reach school for her, so fingers crossed!
    · Reply · Share
  • yearstogoyearstogo 695 replies30 threads Member
    We did a campus tour yesterday and liked the school and campus very much. I think it definitely rose on DS list after seeing it.
    · Reply · Share
  • PublisherPublisher 9577 replies120 threads Senior Member
    Great school & strong placement. Might not be the best match, however, for those seeking small classes.
    · Reply · Share
  • snakstersnakster 102 replies3 threads Junior Member
    Sorrento17 wrote: »
    This is currently my daughter’s top school. It is a reach school for her, so fingers crossed!

Ditto for my son.
    · Reply · Share