right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Choosing between IB Psychology or IB or AP Physics

mastermap9999mastermap9999 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hi, I'm in high school right now and I am planning to get an undergraduate degree in something related to med school. (bio, chem, psych) However, I am debating whether Physics will look stronger or Psychology when considering to do a premed major and fulfill my requirements. Which would be more tied to the med school pursuit.
5 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Choosing between IB Psychology or IB or AP Physics

• momofsenior1momofsenior1 9195 replies93 threads Senior Member
    Physics is a core subject, psych is an elective. Take physics.
    · Reply · Share
  • WayOutWestMomWayOutWestMom 10665 replies229 threads Senior Member
    You need a year of classical physics in high school to prepare you to take college physics--which is a pre-req for med school.

· Reply · Share
  • RichInPittRichInPitt 2078 replies33 threads Senior Member
    Yes, Physics.
    · Reply · Share
  • texaspgtexaspg Forum Champion Pre-Med & Medical 16555 replies340 threads Forum Champion
    edited January 28
    Physics is a much harder subject than Psychology if you can get a good teacher which is not a given at most high schools. D did a self study on AP psychology and got a 5 and so I assume it is not a hard subject to tackle on your own at high school level.
    edited January 28
    · Reply · Share
  • ucbalumnusucbalumnus 81114 replies728 threads Senior Member
    Competing for an A grade in college physics with other pre-meds will be harder if you have not had any physics in high school.
    · Reply · Share