right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
COMING SOON "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. This event is exclusively for registered members. CREATE YOUR CC ACCOUNT NOW to receive event updates!

GWU RD Class of 2024!

alliwonalliwon 46 replies1 threads Junior Member
Hey everyone, I just thought I should open up a discussion for everyone who's planning on applying to GWU RD. :)
50 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: GWU RD Class of 2024!

• izrk02izrk02 493 replies16 threads Member
    I am! Does anyone know when decisions come out? Last year it looked like late March but my mom thinks that's really late.
    · Reply · Share
  • alliwonalliwon 46 replies1 threads Junior Member
    I'm thinking late march too. Hopefully it comes out earlier!
    · Reply · Share
  • dbwldbs0727dbwldbs0727 3 replies0 threads New Member
    Hey all! Im admitted to ED and I would love to get to know you guys!
    Dont hesitate to dm or snap me!

ig: so_yjy
    Sc: jiyoonnee
    · Reply · Share
    Hey all! Im admitted to ED and I would love to get to know you guys!
    Dont hesitate to dm or snap me!

ig: so_yjy
    Sc: jiyoonnee

I'll add you!! : )
    · Reply · Share
  • cannolicannolicannolicannoli 30 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Hi guys! GWU is one of my top schools so I'm super excited to hear back! (hopefully before late March lol)
    · Reply · Share
  • SarripSarrip 421 replies20 threads Member
    Has anyone received anything or been given information on a portal to check on the status of your application. This is the only college where we have not yet received any information from.
    · Reply · Share
    @sarrip I got an email about 2 days after I submitted my application. Check to see if it went to spam. If not, check with the admissions office to see if they sent it.
    · Reply · Share
  • SarripSarrip 421 replies20 threads Member
    Thank you. Perhaps because it is break or holiday it's taking longer. She just submitted it after Christmas.
    · Reply · Share
    @Sarrip That's most likely the reason. GW is closed right now, so their systems are probably down. It'll likely get sent once the adcom office opens again.
    · Reply · Share
    I applied around 4 days ago, haven't heard anything back yet.
    · Reply · Share
    nevermind, just received it! haha
    · Reply · Share
    does anyone else's financial aid show up as not received?
    · Reply · Share
    Mine says that I have missing documents, but when I try to log into GWeb to see what they are, I have to input a pin that I don't have, so I have to set up a security question, but the office is closed so I can't call and do that until GW is open again. :(
    · Reply · Share
  • marchmarchmarchmarchmarchmarch 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Hello - I'm a bit unclear about the application requirements. Are the supplemental essays optional or do we have to pick 1 of the prompts to answer?
    · Reply · Share
    Hello - I'm a bit unclear about the application requirements. Are the supplemental essays optional or do we have to pick 1 of the prompts to answer?

i believe that they're optional, but i did it.
    · Reply · Share
    @marchmarchmarch It's completely optional
    · Reply · Share
  • Topcat123Topcat123 17 replies0 threads Junior Member
    @izrk02 My daughter applied 12/31, got portal link a couple of days later but now it shows she is missing transcript, application, etc. She emailed them this morning but, of course being Sunday, hasn't heard back. I am hoping their is either a lag time to transfer the information from Naviance (which says everything was transmitted) or a glitch in the GW system. This is so stressful! Why do colleges have due dates on days when their offices are closed?
    · Reply · Share
  • 2020hanamaki2020hanamaki 1 replies0 threads New Member
    same here, my school also uses naviance and i double checked everything was submitted, but the portal for gwu itself says that the only thing it's received are my test scores. i used common app to submit, and it says it's submitted on the website but does not say the same on the portal.
    · Reply · Share
    same. it also said that i didn't apply for financial aid (i did), so i have to fix that. i think it might just take a week or so to update transcripts, etc.
    · Reply · Share
    @Topcat123 @2020hanamaki @alliwon Don't freak out about transcripts. Since the office is closed, they most likely haven't updated portals. The deadline for transcripts and other non-student uploaded things is always after the student deadline since counselors and recommenders have lots of students to take care of. If it doesn't show up by Feb, then there's a problem.
    · Reply · Share