Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chances for Choate

choatehopechoatehope Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
Hi, I am a current 8th grade boy applying to choate. I go to one of the best independant day schools in the country located close to choate and a lot of people from my school go to top boarding schools. I have had B's and B+'s my first term of eighth grade which is what they look at but last year i had mostly a-'s and a few b+'s. I am in honors english with a steady b+. I was on the ninth grade varsity basketball team as a seventh grader and I am on it this year again. I also row crew. My mom went to choate also. I am really into business and science which I wrote about in my application. I think i wrote a really deep and powerful application. My ssat scores were a bit low (70). I have my own website which focuses on cleaning up and maintaining the coral reefs around the world and I made a documentary about it. Choate is also the only school im applying to from a school where people apply to 6 or 7 boarding schools. I will also have good recommendations. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.