0 Period

<p>I'm assuming that the schools that you all attend must have some form of a "0 Period," or a class that is really early in the morning and scheduled before the first class that most students regularly go it. I'm thinking about taking a 0 Period for PE so I can have a free period as my last period to do all my homework and maybe perhaps help out at the school library and do some self-studying for the SAT and AP Calc AB. My school regularly starts at 7:33 AM, but 0 period is 6:15 AM to 7:24 AM, and school ends at 2:33 PM. Is it worth it or not to have to wake up so early?</p>

<p>Sounds like a smart idea. Do it.</p>

<p>My school does not have one of those. Go for it. Sleep when you're dead.</p>

<p>IF they have a PE option for zero period, sounds like a great way to start off the day. I was not aware of any zero period PE classes in our neck of the woods....</p>

<p>Do it. I wish my school had something like that.</p>

<p>Ok, thanks for the advice guys. Eek, I'm sort of scared of having to wake up so early considering I'm a night owl >< Perhaps this will change my lifestyle habits.</p>

<p>I get up even earlier, and I am a night owl. You get used to it.</p>

<p>I had 0 period pe. I didn't take it very seriously though. 40+ tardies and ~20 absences.</p>

<p>LOL. Try to be more clandestine...</p>

<p>^^ Shhhhhh.</p>

<p>aww lucky!!!</p>

<p>I've read that the best time to exercise is in the morning... so go for it! :P
and a free period at the end would be good too.</p>

<p>I wish I had 0 period.</p>

<p>^^ I'm seriously pretty intimidated though. I have a really hard time waking up, even for the regular schedule. I had to have my mom excuse my tardies for first period, which totaled to about 17, as well as some 6 excused absences too. Luckily, it was just English and my teacher did nothing all the time.</p>

<p>I have 0period AP Chemistry. however it starts at 7:05</p>

<p>my math teacher loved me, i literally walked in late every day but i always aced the tests and did the homework so she was fine</p>

<p>if your going to be tardy to your first class anyways, it may as well be PE</p>

<p>^ Exactly, right? xD</p>

<p>I only skipped on the days that I knew nothing was going to happen. On mile test days and stuff, I'll show up. It sounds bad, but it didn't really seem like that big of a deal.</p>

<p>However, I'm pretty sure it would've been a big deal if I was the kind of person who ran 9:00+ miles</p>

<p>That should be illegal to start so early in the day. The school busses here pick kids up at 5 am. That's way to early. PE would be nice though.</p>

<p>Some people who get up 2-3 hours early to travel to fancy private schools that they don't live near. I can't even imagine how that could be properly justified.</p>

<p>I did know someone who had to take a hour+ commute to high school because she moved away. She couldn't switch to a school closer to her home, she had to graduate from that school. If she didn't, she wouldn't lost her $40,000 scholarship for college :(</p>

<p>^ Some people who live in the countryside have to wake up super early to catch the bus. I don't, but I've read some stories (somewhere) about kids waking up at 4ish, getting on the bus and falling asleep for 2 more hours.</p>

<p>Maybe I read this on CC...?</p>

<p>No 0 period at my school. I hope you guys are allowed showers after gym.</p>