2011 Official Biosciences Interviews and Results

<p>@Evolutionist</p>

<p>I have interviews for Pitt’s Biology and Interdisciplinary Biomedical program, and I also have interviews for CMU’s Biology and Biomedical Engineering programs. They’re excellent schools, and I know it will be hard to make my final decision.</p>

<p>my status just changed to accept/decline for GSK too! I’ve been checking nonstop since people posted earlier, and it just changed, so dont lose hope everyone :D</p>

<p>just got an invite from Vanderbilt IGP…
So far
Interviews: Harvard, Princeton, Yale, Brown, Dartmouth, Rochester, Vanderbilt, Duke and Columbia
Rejected: University at Buffalo
Waiting: Stanford, Emory</p>

<p>I am international</p>

<p>Now feeling very nervous about UMass (Med BBS) and Harvard (BPH). I think Brown and UPenn are going to be "no"s, although I’m not disappointed about UPenn.</p>

<p>Waiting really bites!</p>

<p>Official acceptance email from GSK! Yay! Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>Same here - absolutely psyched as GSK is my first choice! Congrats IMSAGeek, and good luck everyone!</p>

<p>I take it no one has heard from Genetics programs at NYU or Stanford? If anyone has please lemme kno…</p>

<p>I got two interviews in the next three weeks and with sending out a paper for publication (hopefully) and a chance to present at a international conference, I’m just going crazy about if I should plan on going to the conference in early March or waiting to interview at Stanford (March 3-5) and/or NYU (March 10-11)?</p>

<p>@Geek4life–congrats on your interviews! which department at NYU is this?</p>

<p>Well, travel advisory <em>just</em> came out for New England and I am rebooked for tomorrow AM to escape snowpocalypse too!</p>

<p>@Imm2010</p>

<p>Yay, we have a club! Too bad I just realized I need to get to Logan by 8:30. Not a very good early riser here.</p>

<p>@phirah</p>

<p>Lol, my end of the club has to get to Logan by 6:15AM!! :P</p>

<p>Good luck on your interview!</p>

<p>@neuromodel</p>

<p>I guess the proper department name is “Developmental Genetics”, but it’s basically the Genetics portion of Sackler Institute. I actually haven’t gotten interviews for either Stanford nor NYU, just was curious about those two departments b/c no one seems to have gotten anything (interview/rejection/acceptance) from either department and was curious.</p>

<p>Went to WashStL last weekend, going to UWash next weekend, and UCB week after I think.</p>

<p>anyone know if Yale BBS Microbiology) is done sending interview invites?</p>

<p>@bashibszouk,kp12746: I’m on my way to NYC for Columbia integrated program’s 2nd interview wkend. As far as I’m aware, they only have 2 wkends. I can find out more when I arrive if you like. Good luck for the rest of your applications!</p>

<p>@jlin84
Thanks, that would be awesome. Good luck!</p>

<p>I’m headed to Brown by Amtrak this Thursday from DC. Hope the weather doesn’t cause too many delays/cancellations. I hear Amtrak is pretty good with snow travel though, I hope!</p>

<p>just got an invite from columbia gsas biological sciences. unfortunately, it conflicts with my chicago interview…going to try and make both if they let me…we will see.</p>

<p>still waiting on princeton, penn and stanford</p>

<p>rejected from ucsf and ucb</p>

<p>so i guess it’s time to delurk haha- what are your opinions on cancelling an interview less than a week away? (just got into GSK, and like it a lot more than the program i was supposed to see this monday) the program hasn’t paid my travel, so theyd be losing hotel $ and time. is it rude to cancel at this point?</p>

<p>Thanks all!</p>

<p>@Antass
I called BU today and they said I might still be invited to open house or might get accepted without being invited to open house! I think I should read between the lines here.
Same with Harvard Biostatistics. I saw someone post an interview invite early in Jan on Gradcafe. When I call the office they still say wait until end of feb.
BC Biology has only been a few weeks so I guess it is fair that they are not ready yet.</p>

<p>Arghh I need advice. I just saw that travel advisory for Boston. I’m supposed to fly out Thursday around noon. Do you think it’ll get cancelled? It’s supposed to stop snowing by late morning. Or should I rebook for weds.? Problem is I would have to stay at a hotel in Chicago on Weds. Would they reimburse that one day you think? It’s too late now to contact them if I change my flight.</p>

<p>I got a phone call from Harvard Biophysics today, telling me I’ve been accepted.</p>

<p>I’m also hoping there’ll be no trouble flying out to the east coast Thursday afternoon, but it looks like the weather should have cleared up by then.</p>