2nd period Lunch/Breakfast

<p>I have the option of taking a 2nd period lunch (9:19 - 10:01) for the 2010-2011 year. I want to use it to teach myself something, but is it worth it?</p>

<p>Also, what APs could I teach myself (or 1-on-1 with a teacher) in around 130 days? I'm more of a social studies person.</p>

<p>You could teach yourself AP Psych in 5 days and then use the other 125 to eat.</p>

<p>I probably wouldn't take it b/c it makes your courseload seem less challenging even if you are self-studying (b/c self-studied courses don't appear on transcript). Also, AP psychology, AP micro/macro economics, AP Human Geography and AP US Gov. are fairly manageable APs that can be self-studied.</p>

<p>I'd rather have most classes in the morning, then a lunch, then 2 or 3 classes after lunch. If you get behind in work often, having an early lunch might help, but it would drive me crazy.
Teaching yourself something just to learn is ok. That's like having a hobby. If you are looking for credit, I don't think self-taught classes would be taken seriously on a resume. And I don't think many teachers would be willing to spend their time 1 on 1.
You are going to school to be taught by a teacher, not to learn subjects on your own.</p>

<p>At my old high school some people used to have their only lunch period at 9:30 in the morning :(.</p>

<p>Human geography sounds interesting, has anyone here taken it before? What books should I use?</p>