Acronym for Brown, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Duke, Penn (& maybe CTech)?

<p>I know there is HYPSM, but could we come up with one for the schools slightly below them:</p>

<p>Brown,
Chicago,
Columbia,
Cornell,
Dartmouth,
Duke,
Penn</p>

<p>BCCCDDP? Thoughts?</p>

<p>You can't just shove random schools together. There are two schools on that list that don't belong and most people wouldn't care about. The acronym for the rest already exists. It's called the "ivy league." </p>

<p>For example, people already distinguish between "lower-ivies" (Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth, Penn), and "upper-ivies" (Harvard, Yale, Princeton).</p>

<p>There is is "HYP" and the "HYPSM" acronym because those schools have applicant overlaps, and are quite similar, the first set being more mutually inclusive.</p>

<p>Why not?</p>

<p>B CCCP D</p>

<p>No Duke.</p>

<p>Why do we need all these acronyms? We already have HYPSM or CHYMPS including CalTech. We have WASP (Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore, Pomona). And now we supposedly have REVD for the southern elites. We don't need more.</p>

<p>^REVD doesnt exist</p>

<p>but I do like the idea of CCCP, it would really attract the Eastern European URMs</p>

<p>haha its supposedly the new thing
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-search-selection/941849-all-revved-up-revd-vs-non-hyp-ivies.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/college-search-selection/941849-all-revved-up-revd-vs-non-hyp-ivies.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>and why CCCP? what do those schools specifically have in common</p>

<p>I have a thought. Take out UChicago & Duke, add in Harvard, Yale and Princeton and name it something classy, like perhaps, the Ivy League.</p>

<p>^ XD, pretty funny.</p>

<p>Hahah. it seems the OP wants to include his school Duke into the ivy league.</p>

<p>Well. the Ivy League plus Stanford, MIT, Caltech, and perhaps Chicago is sometimes referred to the as the "Ivy plus" group. Maybe the proposed group in this thread could be called the "Ivy minus" group.</p>

<p>You have </p>

<p>HYPSM, </p>

<p>then</p>

<p>CCCP -- Columbia, Caltech, Chicago and Penn</p>

<p>and </p>

<p>the rest.</p>

<p>I can not think any schools that are "stronger" overall than CCCP, except HYPSM.</p>

<p>So,</p>

<p>HYPSM v.s. CCCP v.s. the rest, like in the 50s - 80s.</p>

<p>P.S.... Cal people may not agree on this, so substitue one of the Cs for Cal. :)</p>

<p>Re the statement,</p>

<p>
[quote]
it seems the OP wants to include his school Duke into the ivy league

[/quote]
</p>

<p>LOL. Don't flatter yourself. Part of what makes Duke special is that it's in a real athletic league. </p>

<p>The beauty of Duke (and others of the same mold, eg, Stanford, Northwestern, Rice, Vanderbilt, Notre Dame) is that it can provide a student with everything he/she could want in the classroom with an out-of-the-classroom experience that the Ivies can only gasp at. </p>

<p>Remember, a student spends 150+ hours every week doing things outside of the classroom. Duke and the others provide a wonderful variety of choices, including an athletic life that is light-years ahead of anything on offer at the Ivy colleges.</p>

<p>Yes, some of the Ivies have a prestige advantage. Congratulations. That plus a buck might buy you a cup of coffee on Nassau Street.</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Only if you consider having your college act as minor league farm team for the pro sports leagues to be something worth gasping at. Beyond that, out of classroom opportunities at Ivy League schools are simply fabulous:</p>

<p>Harvard</a> College Admissions § About Harvard: Beyond the Classroom</p>

<br>

<br>

<p>Once again, someone is trying to attach Duke to Stanford quality and prestige. Please, enough already!</p>

<p>
[quote]
Why do we need all these acronyms? We already have HYPSM or CHYMPS including CalTech.

[/quote]

My personal favorite is SYPH. Apparently it's highly desirable.</p>

<p>:eek: :rolleyes:</p>

<p>What about Duke, Rice, Emory & Kansas?</p>

<p>Or Stanford, Harvard, and Illinois Institute of Technology?</p>

<p>Columbia, Rice, Amherst and Penn?</p>

<p>Trinity, Union, Rice and Dartmouth?</p>

<p>or, Williams Harvard Oberlin Rice and Emory?</p>

<p>^ lmao... I might start using some of those.</p>

<p>I didnt fully get what monydad was doing at first, I was trying to find out how IIT was even remotely as pretigious as Harvard or Stanford.. then I looked at the capital letters :P</p>

<p>People just don't get that Penn and Columbia are about 1/3 as rich as Dartmouth per student and 1/8 HYP. OVERRATED.</p>