Another death penalty worthy creep

<p>I'd be happy to pull the switch, thank you.</p>

<p>Nation</a> & World | Confessed killer recounts hiker's struggle to survive | Seattle Times Newspaper</p>

<p>"I'd be happy to pull the switch, thank you."</p>

<p>Yeah, too bad it can't be done. Man we really need a revamped justice system. We should use the death penalty a lot more and we should make prison a place to be greatly feared instead of giving each inmate his own tv.</p>

<p>Institutional toleration of inmate-to-inmate rape doesn't make prison 'greatly feared?'</p>

<p>Prisons do not tolerate inmate rape. They punish it just like any other crime.</p>

<p>This cretin is a serial killer. He won't be seeing the light of day anytime soon, thank heavens.</p>

<p>Studies have shown that the largest single factor in determining whether a convicted murderer is sentenced to death is the race of the victim (not the defendant.) White victim = death penalty. Minority victim = life in prison. I wonder if Barrons would be as quick to the switch if the murder victim had been an ugly latino or other minority instead of an attractive blonde white girl?</p>

<p>jclay2 - I'm guessing you've never been inside a prison. I have. You have no clue.</p>

<p>I wouldn't want to see anyone blow their karma by putting him to death I think just locking him up in prison for life is enough.
Abu Grahib is available isn't it?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Studies have shown that the largest single factor in determining whether a convicted murderer is sentenced to death is the race of the victim (not the defendant.) White victim = death penalty. Minority victim = life in prison.

[/quote]

I don't buy it, but even if we assume it is true for the sake of argument, all it means is that the criminal who killed a minority victim is getting off too light -- it does not mean that criminal who killed a white victim is getting punished too harshly.</p>

<p>"an attractive blonde white girl"</p>

<p>Can we just leave our fantasy lives at home for two seconds?? I have mixed feelings about the death penalty, but we don't need to sex everything up all the time, do we?</p>

<p>I'm pro life and just can't abide the death penalty. Although I think the world is better without people like Jeffrey Dahmer, I'm glad it was done in God's time and not ours. I can't get over Timothy McVeigh -- what did he take to the grave that we might have learned somewhere down the road?</p>

<p>"Timothy McVeigh -- what did he take to the grave that we might have learned somewhere down the road?"</p>

<p>I don't know, McVeigh seems to be as much of an empty skull as most murderers. Who needs them?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Quote:
Studies have shown that the largest single factor in determining whether a convicted murderer is sentenced to death is the race of the victim (not the defendant.) White victim = death penalty. Minority victim = life in prison. </p>

<p>I don't buy it, but even if we assume it is true for the sake of argument, all it means is the criminal who killed a minority victim is getting off too light -- it does not mean that criminal who killed a white victim is getting punished too harshly.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>It also speaks to the inequity and arbitrary nature of the death penalty which is one reason I have great reservations about it. Until we as a society can give and administer the death penalty fairly, equitably, and with no chance of wrongly executing an innocent person I cannot support it. As for the above statistic being dubious I would suggest you check out the Death Penalty Information Center. Granted that organization has a strong anti-death penalty bias, however the data clearly supports the statement about race and the death penalty.</p>

<p>The description "attractive blond white girl" is just that, a description, just as if it said an ugly dog-faced, pock-marked mulano male. There is nothing sexual about that. The only sexual reference so far in this thread is the reference to inmate-to-inmate rape. Both Lauren Burk and Eve Carson were described as attractive females, and I believe Eve was even described in the media as an attractive blonde female. I don't recall if their race was referenced or not, but IMO, it doesnt make a difference. Were the references to these victims sexual in nature? No. Seems to me some folks are just looking for an argument.</p>

<p>He should be tied to a tree and tortured slowly for 4 weeks. How about waterboarding? Is that legal now?</p>

<p>jym, I can't find the word mulano in my English-Russian dictionary. What does this mean?</p>

<p>it means multiracial
<em>edit</em> please note- I did not mean it in any pejorative way. I was just trying to come up with a term that wasn't any particular race, and thats what popped into my head. If the term has become a derogatory one in any way, shape or form, that was not my intent. Sorry in advance if that is an issue for anyone-- it was not meant in any negative way.</p>

<p>I respectfully assert that you are mistaken. There is no such word as "mulano"in my English-Russian dictionary. I think you must mean "mulatto."</p>

<p>"I don't know, McVeigh seems to be as much of an empty skull as most murderers. Who needs them?"</p>

<p>Only he knows the whole story, who he may or may not have worked with, and we'll never know. I think we need to.</p>

<p>I will agree that he should have been waterboarded prior to execution.</p>

<p>Mulano is actually a Spanish word. I haven't heard it used around here, but may be more in currency in other parts of the country.</p>