Are these Universities good enough for an International seeking low contribution? [3.78 GPA, rank 1]

My teachers recommendation letters are really bad. I do not know what to say, I got them reviewed…

Many schools don’t require LOTs but yes that’s not good. How are they bad ? You’re a persistent and well meaning student so I don’t understand but I don’t know you.
Another reason you need to apply to the Texas A&M International, Minot, Black Hills, So Miss, Troy’s of the world. No LORs.

Applying to the tippy top of LORs show you in poor light aren’t going to work.

1 Like

The worse part is they have an exact line like a quote about me copied, I don’t know how I missed this at the time of proofreading, my both teachers and my principal even signed the sheet…

I will go to sleep I can handle this much stress, I’ll read your comments in about 4 hours I am sorry for the late replies.

I am going to get rejected in every selective college I made a grave mistake not looking keenly enough..

42 schools…

1 Like

You were going to get rejected based on your academic record. This was told to you up front.

You need more than 4 hours sleep. You are going too fast. Sleep more. Slow down.

3 Likes

You already got in to some colleges so things are not that bad. Try to de-stress, get a good night’s sleep (6-8 hours) and check back in when you feel more rested.

2 Likes

It’s a good first step toward the presidential. Good job. Give it your all, in case they select you. There’s no way to predict where this will go, all you can do is your best then hope/pray.

1 Like

That’s what I meant earlier - typically you enter the unuversities’ college board numbers free scores before you take the test. That may be why it states invalid date. Or there may have been a glitch or a problem.
Have you been able to contact them?

Did you provide the teachers with the information that needed to be included? Like your achievements, moments you remember from their class, etc?
Do you mean they both wrote the exact same thing? It can happen - first if they’re in agreement about you and because that’s not their native language.

Yes I did.

What’s wrong with CU?

Will it be a good idea if I ask my teacher to send an updated recommendation letter to mail of colleges? I will make him but that in BCC.

Again this is very grave.

I was simply saying U Chicago (meets need) or U Cincy may be good apps - U Colorado (CU) is a great school but not a great school for you or any American seeking cheap. They’re public, expensive, and stingy.

No…your apps are in. Leave it be.

1 Like

Teachers can send an updated recommendation, called Optional something. That new recommendation, building on what was said but including concrete examples, would be added to your file.

1 Like

I still don’t understand what is wrong with the letter. Did they say you are not a good student? Or did they not talk about some of your accomplishments?

Also, just by the way, colleges expect that students do not know the contents of these letters. They are supposed to be private between the writer and the college.

Also, a lot of colleges don’t require these letters so don’t worry about those colleges .

4 Likes

It cannot be updated, I have asked him to check..

Should I just ask him to mail it over to me and I send it to my 53 colleges?

So both of the letters had the same weird quote, I told him to be a bit poetic so my app would stand out “his careful selection of words seems as if thy are the sweetest honey to quench his fellow lips”, my english teacher and chemistry teacher apparently worked together on the recommendation letter

No - you cannot even see your Letters.

Your apps are in and many you are applying to, hopefully most, won’t even require an LOR.

You need to back off your apps that are in. Let them cycle and let the schools make a decision.

You are lucky you got to see the letters. The schools would look poorly upon you, even decline you, simply because you sent a letter on your own. That’s a no-no.

Unless the LORs said you’re a criminal or something, don’t worry.

Focus on finding more inexpensive schools.

Did you apply to Texas A&M International yet - it’s located in Laredo Texas. It’s not the same school as Texas A&M which is located in College Station. You want to apply to the Laredo Texas location which is called Texas A&M International.

2 Likes

I

I mailed them for an application waiver, I am waiting for a reply

Thank you