Currently WL at all of the schools to which he applied. Will attend local 9th grade private next year unless lists move and will reapply for either 10th (or perhaps repeat 9th I’m not sure). Given we won’t have the support of the local HS’s outplacement team, we will hire a consultant to help us navigate the field. Here are some details on my son:
- Straight A student, ISEE scores 9,8,8,9
- strings for 6 years
- competitive fencer
- 3 year volunteer for 2 local groups
- quirky, confident, humble loves to learn and contribute to class discussions in all areas
- relaxed interviews excellent feedback across the board
- teachers love him
- wants to play baseball at a lower level
Andover and Lawrenceville are his top choices for this year to give you an idea of what he’s looking for in terms of size and offerings.
I’m looking for a list of schools with bright, hardworking kids with a global student body that are one step down from Andover and Lawrenceville, not in rigor obv but in competitive admissions. Great if they have a fencing program but he’s willing to start his own club if necessary.
As mentioned in another thread, my husband went to a NE boarding school but my son didn’t apply there because he didn’t want to ride his dad’s coattails. Rookie mistake.