Be careful what you wish for, you may receive it.

<p>The title is a quote from ''The Monkey's Paw" by W. W. Jacobs.</p>

<p>A Genie asks Bob a wish. Bob tells the Genie what he wants.
Let's say Bob merely said, "Give me a million dollars."
Although Bob may get his wish granted, because Bob was not very accurate in his wish, in return the Genie might take something very valuable from Bob, like Bob's own or his intimate's death, as in this book. </p>

<p>Likewise, if you were to get three of your wishes granted,
(besides wishing for more wishes)
How would you ask for your wishes accurately so that the Genie wouldn't be able to bring any misfortunes to you in return?</p>

<p>This is just a question I had while reading the story. Questions accepted if you don't get what I'm saying! :)</p>

<p>"I wish for a million dollars if and only if there is no harmful consequence by my wish."
^something like that?</p>

<p>Then you would not get your million dollars, because there will always be some harmful consequence, maybe insignificant and possibly not even effecting you, but still harmful to some person in the world by a tiny amount. (Example: You buy a nice car with your million dollars, however suppose the paint used on that car was bought using illegal drug money, when you bought the car you fueled drug trade, which resulted in people being shot).</p>

<p>I'd wish to be taller, I don't really see how there could be a negative consequence to that</p>

<p>@etotheitimespi
Exactly. :)</p>

<p>@golf
What if you grew so tall that your spine and muscles were no longer able to support you lol.</p>

<p>i really don't see that happening</p>

<p>I'd first wish for no consequence or backlash from any of my wishes. Then I'd wish for infinite wishes.</p>

<p>What if I say "I wished I was an idolized world wide famous athlete without the use of illegal drugs" ?</p>

<p>No consequence there?</p>

<p>
[quote]
I'd wish to be taller, I don't really see how there could be a negative consequence to that

[/quote]
What if you became 16 feet tall and couldn't walk through doorways?</p>

<p>
[quote]
What if I say "I wished I was an idolized world wide famous athlete without the use of illegal drugs" ?

[/quote]
You are idolized and famous but no more athletic than before. You become immensely stressed under the pressure to perform according to your fame but are unable, so you commit suicide.</p>

<p>I wish for lives for my family to be happy, meaningful, rich, health with longevity, benevolent to everyone, afterlife going to heaven, without anyone/anything in the world getting hurt. </p>

<p>Please don't bring up parallel universe. xD</p>