BHP 2014 undergraduates :)

<p>but ut is cheap as it is, right?
:)</p>

<p>and there's other ways to pay off loans :D</p>

<p>Don't worry; I'm not complaining, just whining because I'm JEALOUS! </p>

<p>Congrats on the scholarship $$ expandmyhorizons....and your friend!</p>

<p>I'm trying to get over it, really I am. :)</p>

<p>Guess I'll just keep digging for some more virtually non-existent merit scholarships (my full-time job). He did receive notice that he will get $1,000 from the Comcast Leaders & Achievers Scholarship, so I'm pretty excited about that. Ain't no way I'm gunna look like Barney for the next four years!</p>

<p>Ahahahahaha...Barney!
:) that comment definately made my day :D</p>

<p>And congratulations on getting the Comcast Scholarship!</p>

<p>I suppose I'll have to wait until April to see if I get any help...but no matter :)
Maybe I'll get a job or something...I like bookstores! :D
Maybe this will be the excuse I need to spend more time in them!
:) yay. ^.^</p>

<p>So, let's talk about Dorms...is everyone here set on Honors housing?
I was interested in San Jac (first choice)</p>

<p>I received a letter yesterday for the Terry Foundation Scholarship...they want teacher recs and such...</p>

<p>I was wondering if anyone else was applying for this?</p>

<p>Was it listed as a scholarship you could select on the UT Apply Texas application? If so, my son did not apply for any of those scholarships. Now I can't pull up the scholarship page to see if he might have been eligible for anything. I think he was so anxious to get his application in so he would get a good dorm that he didn't even look at the scholarhips available. Wait, if I remember correctly, I did ask him about it and he said, no mom, you have to be from Corpus Christi or all kinds of other specific criteria. Maybe I'm crazy, but that's what I vaguely remember about that. So I guess I said all of that to say this: No, as far as I know we did not/will not apply for the Terry Foundation Scholarship.</p>

<p>On a brighter note, maybe he got his application in early enough to get San Jacinto or Duren:) But now the Honors thing has come into the equation so now I don't know what he'll want to do. He did mention that one of his friends that got into Plan II has requested the Honors dorms. (Good for him! I think mine will choose private toilet over academic environment. Bah...especially since I'm pretty sure he thinks I'll be the one cleaning said private toilet.)</p>

<p>Does anyone know if (a) you can put Honors dorms down as your 3rd choice and if so (b) can you request a non-honors roommate (and vice versa since all choices have to be exactly the same).</p>

<p>And P.S. How do you make that green super smiley face guy? and all these other faces I see in here? I only know how to make a smiley and on facebook I know how to make a heart; I'll try that here <3 and see if it works.</p>

<p>It didn't :) lol</p>

<p>: D [with no space in between] = :D</p>

<p>.....^_^......</p>

<p>is anyone going to the ut vip open house on the 15th of this month?</p>

<p>Yes m'am. I am!</p>

<p>Awesome! :D
see y'all there :)</p>

<p>i was the indian girl who went up to the stage in the beginning. The one who ran back before they could give her a gift :P</p>

<p>the one who said she didn't have any siblings and that she ended up at the podium on accident and just wanted to say she'll be advocating the ut cause :D</p>

<p>Ha ha. That was so random!</p>

<p>So, did the bbq man at the BHP luncheon scream at you over not hanging the tongs back on the rack ....or was it just every single person in front of me? lol. I was almost too scared to get my brisket!</p>

<p>OMG I know, that was terrible! He scolded my dad, so I just kinda glared at him.</p>

<p>Honest mistake; he needed to have been politer.</p>

<p>he needed to be politer*</p>

<p>SUP FOLKS. Got into BHP, was sick today, randomly decided to browse CC. I'm going to Discover BHP, for sure! (and my dad's letting me drive, wheeeee)</p>

<p>and THEACCOUNTINGCAT, I TOTALLY REMEMBER YOU. YOUR ENTIRE INCIDENT LEFT ME IN HYSTERICS.</p>

<p>AND I thought the luncheon was for all McCombs acceptees?</p>

<p>Yes, you're right, the luncheon wasn't just for BHP. Don't know what I was thinking.</p>

<p>I think I will attend Discover BHP with my son and then I will skip the Longhorn Roundup in April. I feel like I am learning way too much about UT and would like for him to take over that responsibility! That is, unless he wants to take me to the rush parties with him....lol.</p>

<p>@tspade: :D I'm known to be a bit of a clown :P the next four years are gonna be a blast :)</p>

<p>and yeah I agree, all these info sessions are great but there's a lot of info coming in :P</p>

<p>and I think for Discover BHP we should use some ID system just for us CCers :D</p>

<p>so there's about a month 'til Discover BHP?
What should we expect?</p>