BHP 2014 undergraduates :)

<p>Hey everyone, </p>

<p>I just thought it would be cool if we started a thread to maintain a dialogue between the BHP students set to graduate in 2014.</p>

<p>And through this thread, we can also provide advice to prospective transfer students.</p>

<p>I think it's important for any student to find a "tell-all" group so that the student can have the proverbial rock to lean on during his or her college years.</p>

<p>The only main rule I can think of right now is to not give basic id information like names and addresses and such (just to keep things safe).</p>

<p>This is the one thread I hope will last us our four years (at least).</p>

<p>We're here to help.</p>

<p>Let's start with Discover BHP.</p>

<p>Who's going? :)</p>

<p>Oh, and we should talk about the UT orientation too. </p>

<p>:) I really hope this thread serves as a valuable resource for everyone in and interested in BHP.</p>

<p>Keep hope, and take care.</p>

<p>does anyone care?
:(</p>

<p>Sorry, hun! It's Saturday night and I just saw this! I'm in! And I'm going to Discover BHP and my smart (obviously :) ) gorgeous son is going to orientation June 15.</p>

<p>I will definitely be at Discover BHP.</p>

<p>So is everyone set on going to BHP or waiting to hear from other schools?</p>

<p>My husband is having some semi-serious thoughts about some of the full-ride scholarships (plus cash!) the son has received, but we are building a rockin' house overlooking Lake Travis, so pretty sure UT is it, especially now with the BHP acceptance. If the son and the mommy have any say in it, that is:) Will have to have y'all out to the casa if you need to get away and.....ummmm study and do research by the pool with the most fabulous view in Austin!</p>

<p>Well, for me I've applied to many including MIT, Columbia, UChicago, and Wharton.
So let's see, right?</p>

<p>I was scared about not being accepted to BHP, so I applied to many others.</p>

<p>But everything's turned out alright, huh?
:)</p>

<p>That sounds phenomenal ma'am!</p>

<p>So where's everyone originally from?</p>

<p>I'm from India, but I moved here when I was a very little girl.
My family's balanced between the two cultures and I love them :D</p>

<p>Originally from Texas! Yee-ha!</p>

<p>Just curious, did everyone get the McCombs scholarship package of $5000?</p>

<p>No, we did not, and now I think I'm going to cry. I don't think I'll mention this tidbit of info to my husband, otherwise he might feel slighted and coerce me into wearing green or purple this fall. And neither of those colors look good on me at all!</p>

<p>$5000 scholarship package?
I thought money-help was supposed to come in April.
Hmm. Hoping for the best <em>crosses fingers</em></p>

<p>well CONGRATS :)</p>

<p>that's like the whipped cream on top of a delicious sundae.
YAY you!</p>

<p>Thanks TheAccountingCat!</p>

<p>I was just curious cause my friend also got the package so we were wondering if everyone got it or it was just for some people.</p>

<p>It was the last sentence in the first paragraph. "Additionally, it is our distinct pleasure to inform you that you have been awarded a McCombs scholarship package totaling $5,000 per academic year in recognition of your outstanding academic and personal achievements"</p>

<p>Still, I think it's already a great accomplishment to get into BHP!</p>

<p>It was obviously just for some people <strong><em>wipes tear from eye</em></strong>*</p>

<p>Awww, no ma'am don't cry :(</p>

<p>expandmyhorizons is right, getting into BHP is already a huge achievement! :)</p>

<p>1200 McCombs kids and only 100 of them in BHP
:)</p>

<p>money package or not we're still cool
8)</p>

<p>But yes so I talked to my father and he was tickled with the idea of writing "CC" next to our names on out tags so that we can bond :D</p>

<p>I think that in order to make it more fun, we should guess at each other's screen names :D</p>

<p>Here's a great site:
campusfood.com</p>

<p>Instead of putting it on our name tags, we should do something less obvious...</p>

<p>like all wearing the same color shirt.</p>

<p>I might be wearing purple if UT doesn't throw some scholarship $$ our way:(</p>

<p>But if I have to muddle through Discover BHP knowing that my spectacular son wasn't good enough to earn the 5 grand, I'll wear my sparkly sequin black cowboy boots, and if anyone starts staring at them, I'll throw down our double-secret CC gang sign.</p>

<p>Or we could all carry a red rose like in You've Got Mail.</p>

<p>Ahahaha, we should carry fake roses so that they don't wilt :)
I love it! :D</p>