Cal Poly New Student Record Info sent in the mail recently

<p>Did everyone get that pamphlet from the Cal Poly Alumni Association <a href="addressed%20to%20parents">B</a> **asking our student to participate in The Record? There's a little questionnaire to fill out. When I saw that Herff-Jones was doing this for a FEE, I thought, "hmmmm". I've given them enough of my money for graduation announcements, gowns, etc. </p>

<p>Is this something anyone is doing? I noticed if you *don't *want a copy of the the student record you can send in your info. and photo for $7.00 instead of the $28.00 students/ $35.00 for parents.</p>

<p>I received it yesterday and shredded it right away, because the money could be spent elsewhere more practical instead.</p>

<p>I don't think it is something we need to do. It looks like it is a way for Herff Jones to make money and not a necessary thing for students. We had these type of directories for elementary school through high school and they were helpful when I needed one of my son's friend's information, but I don't think I want his information out there for strangers to read about.</p>

<p>Thanks. I threw it out. The name Herff Jones was enough to turn me off to the whole thing.</p>