Hello people of the forum,
I’m looking for some advice on where I should transfer. I have done 2 years at my local community college and am trying to choose where to do my last 2 years of my Bachelors.
A little background: I have a 4.0 GPA. I’ve been accepted to Cal Poly Pomona/SLO, UCLA, UCSD, and UC Berkeley. I live about 1 hr from Cal Poly Pomona and 2 hours from UCLA
So I’m torn between CPP and UCLA as my top picks. CPP has an excellent pre-veterinary program, which is what I want to be (a veterinarian). However, UCLA has a great biology program and I could still get into Veterinary school with a Biology bachelors degree. If I go to UCLA, I’ll get a bachelors in Biology so if I don’t decide to be a veterinarian my options are open.
Basically, I’m scared that if I go to CPP for pre-vet and realise that I don’t want to be a vet, then I’d have wasted my time. The plan to become a veterinarian sounds amazing, but you just never know if you’ll love something until you’ve tried it. And I have no experience in animal care so I’m unsure. Its too late for me to get experience before I have to choose. I have to choose a school by next week.
On the other hand, if I go to UCLA I can get a bio Bachelors, but I’d probably dorm because its far. However, I just moved to California and I’d miss my significant other and the life I’ve just created here. UCLA is a great university though, and I feel like if I let it go I’d be missing out.
Money is not a problem, I’ve received a very good financial aid package from both universities. I’ve been pondering on what I should do for a while now and its stressing me out trying to decide on my own. Any thoughts?