- US domestic
- Private, highly competitive, college prep
- Hooks: None really. Has had a few coaches ask her to contact them if she chooses to attend.
Intended Major(s) Bio/Chem/Envi Sci, possibly pre-med…
GPA, Rank, and Test Scores
- 4.28w (AP= 0.66, honors= 0.33, rarely allow students to carry more than 3 APs at a time, must have taken regular/honors science before you can take AP)
- Class Rank: School does not rank
- SAT: 1470 (780 math, 690 reading), taking again in August, aiming to raise reading above 700.
*Will have taken 7 APs (BC Calc, Stats, Chem, Bio, Spanish, Eng Lang, Eng Lit), Post-AP Spanish conversation. Honors chem, bio, physics. Most rigorous math/science curriculum available.
NHS, National Spanish Honor Society, National Art Society, variety of athletic all-star type awards. Will be in Cum Laude upon graduation.
Tutoring, volunteer assisting Spanish-speaking clients registering for resources, outing club officer, work 35 hrs a week at a farm stand during summers, varsity field hockey, swimming, and lacrosse, baby sitting. As a hobby-- construction (has completed plumbing/electrical/framing/dry wall)
*Essays pretty solid-- Maybe 8/10
LOR – very strong, teachers she knows well and who are known to write very strong letters.
Cost Constraints / Budget
None really. Would certainly entertain a more affordable option
Not entirely sure, still thinking, but the counselor at school believes at least a few of these are reasonable:
University of Vermont
University of Rochester
Middlebury (ED-- One LOR is alum)
Other suggestions? She prefers small, more rural, access to hiking/outdoors type activities. Not looking for the big football/greek scene.