Chance/match my rural AK kid for computational biology, 3.95 GPA, 1540 SAT, blue states only

She’d be quite happy to do data programming for a lab – that’s most of what she’s done for independent projects/activities in high school, so if they’re likely to need that, it’d be a good fit for her.

Interesting to hear that everything is in summers. I went to an LAC and no one stayed over summer – people who did research did other research elsewhere or in their home towns and then came back into the profs’ labs after that. But maybe it doesn’t work that way anymore, or not at larger schools. If summers are required it might just be that she ends up getting a slower start in science and doing it a later year maybe. Or maybe she’ll be more ready to stay gone than she thinks.

I want to honor her goals, but also her nervousness as a young human heading out into what will inevitably be a pretty big culture shock situation. I know it’s not uncommon for kids to struggle when they launch from here.