Chance Me finance Major very reach heavy. MA resident, 3.7 UW, 1470 SAT, first gen

It’s triple the roughly 7% acceptance rate of schools on his list such as Colby and NYU - and about double that of other schools on his list like BC and ND.

But this is not very constructive for the poster or what I think he/she much cares about - and sort of a waste of everyone’s time.

Pease move on from the back and forth debating what is a safety or not and refocus on the OP. Feel free to continue that discussion in PM or another thread. Thank you for your understanding.

4 Likes

From earlier - I wish OP (and all OPs) - while I appreciate a free app as much as the next person, I wish all would ensure they are applying to schools that achieve their need. Spending four years at knowingly the wrong place to save $75 - doesn’t seem a good idea.

Fordham would be a fantastic fit for you based on your grades, scores, and your ecs. It’s a great school In the heart of everything and Fordham’s brand is definitely on the rise. Good luck!

1 Like

@roidboid Congrats on your achievements! You have a strong record. I hope you are happy with your ultimate choices. I have an idea for an additional safety, but the deadline to apply is tomorrow, 1/15.

US news lists CSU Fresno, CA, in their 20 colleges with affordable OOS tuition, as having an OOS tuition of $8,225. CSU Fresno offers business and finance per their catalog. Unfortunately, I’m not easily confirming the OOS tuition on their website, and don’t have time now to dig deeper. I also cannot speak to the strength of their programs, but since you brought up really wanting to go to CA, decided to post about it. Best of luck to you!

1 Like

I think 100%…some backed by more data or more informed but none of us are admitting these students. And I appreciate yours (and all) perspectives. Hopefully some combo of them bring comfort or guidance to OPs.

@rivers4 As for Fresno State - if I’m reading it right and it’s a year or two past, it’s $7340 tuition, 11,960 room and board - so let’s say $20K.

Then there’s $420 per credit OOS so 30 credits a year so even with inflation - let’s say $13K - so low/mid 30s.

Budgets - Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships

1 Like

That is approximately in-state tuition and fees (which are similar to other CSUs). Out-of-state students pay additional tuition of $444 per credit for 2025-2026, which means about $13,320 for 30 credits in an academic year. This makes the overall tuition and fee cost for out-of-state students something like $21-22k. Add living expenses, etc. to get cost of attendance. CSUs do not give need-based financial aid to out-of-state students.

CSU Fresno is not impacted, and business (other than agricultural business) is not impacted, so it admits at CSU baseline, which is 3.0 recalculated HS GPA in a-g subject requirement courses for out-of-state applicants.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.