Hi All! I’ve been told many times not to do this, but I’m stressed and would love opinions! After applying to 12 schools last year, I was admitted to 4, and they weren’t schools I like. I am at a mid-level Liberal Arts college and making the best of it, but I am looking to transfer! I would love to be chanced if possible!
HS GPA: 3.2, I was an undiagnosed bipolar in high school, and once I got on medication, my grades went up significantly. It’s also worth noting I went to a top 5 high school that most colleges will be aware of the rigor of.
College GPA: 3.9 (Probably going to be a 3.95 by the end of the year)
ACT Score: 33 (Retaking next month and fully on track to get a 35/36)
Total Classes: 14 (4.5 Fall, 3 Winter, 5.5 Spring, 1 noncredit) My school does 1 credit per class, and I’ve been made aware by my counselor that at most schools, they will transfer for 3.
Recommendations: My recommendations will be stellar. Both professors love me, and I will most likely be getting an additional recommendation from my high school counselor, who is very well-liked amongst top colleges’ admissions counselors.
- Mock Trial (7 years, won several awards, captain of my high school team, the only freshman on the official roster at my college)
- Theater (Actor since I was 5, I plan on pursuing a career in Entertainment as a writer and actor.)
- Part-Time Job Tutoring Children with Learning Disabilities (12/hrs a week. Grades on average improve 2-grade levels)
- Various Clubs (i.e., School Film Association, Volunteer Based Clubs, Christian Clubs, Sign Language Club)
- Photography (Won awards)
- Dance (On and Off for 7 years because while I love it, I have two left feet!)
- Community Service (About 25 hours each year since elementary school)
Essays: They will be on the high side (At least 9/10 if not 10/10)
Interests: Film, Theater, Creative Writing, Statistics, & Political Science
Demographics: Part Hispanic, Part White, Catholic, LGBTQIA+, From an upper-middle-class family, Female.
Schools in Order of Preference:
1.) Brown (It’s my perfect/dream school due to the open curriculum. As you can see, my interests are rather varied, and the ability to pursue all of them in college is essential to me).
3.) UT Austin
7.) Wash U
I would love your advice, and if you have any additional schools, that would be great! Thank you guys so much!