Class of 30 Undergrad/Class of 28 Grad: All Things Related to Music School Applications (prescreens/tours/interviews/auditions/supplements/etc)

Good luck to everyone waiting on the last week of acceptances! Hopefully everyone has a couple of acceptances from other schools by now. I wish everyone success. We are still waiting on 4, but dd has been accepted to 5 of the 9 schools so far. So these last 4 are extreme reaches…not expecting much. Even so, I doubt we will be able to afford them in the long run. Financials are also out soon!

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks! I keep telling myself, we only NEED ONE! (with sufficient financial offer, of course)

9 Likes

You got this! All of you– this will be in the rearview mirror really soon. Deep breaths– we are pulling for you.

7 Likes

Hoping all of the “By April 1st” schools decide this week is a good week to let us know :wink:

5 Likes

This is great! Thanks!

It did tamp down my hope all my questions would be answered by 8:01 this morning, but hey, you have to keep realistic!

Were just waiting on Bienen and Steinhardt, so if precedent holds, it looks like Wednesday is the day.

Personally, I think most schools will announce this week to give everyone a chance to process things before the “money mail” comes out. Let the students envision themselves on campus before the nuts and bolts of financing become reality. There’s a reason they let you drive the car before you sit down and discuss the price.

In my house, the greatest trick Michigan ever pulled was releasing decisions weeks ago. Daughter had days and days to think about and discuss it before the second decision ever came out. I think at its most intense, she already had one foot in Ann Arbor. And still might, but for a long time Michigan was the only voice in her head in this debate.

I hope everyone gets what they want. Good luck. Hang in there. A year from now we will miss this.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if Bienen and Thornton usually release decisions on the same day as regular admissions decisions?

Bienen will release on Wednesday the 25th. I heard USC releases on the last Friday of March. Not 100% sure about USC, but Bienen I am sure of due to an email sent from the school stating as such.

1 Like

i’m not too sure but the prof did say it in a general way so i think it’s the same day for everyone

Steinhardt (all NYU really) just sent out an email saying decisions to be released Wednesday.

1 Like

As a mom of USC graduate, I think it could be Wed, Thurs or Friday if they have not specifically stated. Ours was on a Thursday I remember he went to school Friday very excited.

2 Likes

I was directed here earlier. It says “Official”, but I take everything with a grain of salt. This calendar says “Wednesday”.

College Decision Dates: The Official 2025-2026 CC Calendar - Resources / 2025-2026 Decisions Calendar - College Confidential Forums

If you are the mother of a graduate, then you may very well know much better. Just food for thought…or another data point.

If it is correct…wow. Wednesday is going to tax the internet in a lot of musicians’ households.

Good luck everyone!!!

1 Like

According to faculty, NEC Friday at the earliest

4 Likes

Eastman instagram account says all undergrad decisions will be released Tuesday March 24

5 Likes

Anyone have an exact date for Juilliard yet?

Also wondering about MSM and Rice?

While we are waiting, I want to express relief and gratitude that my (brass playing) son was able to stay healthy for his auditions during peak season for respiratory illnesses. If future families are reading this, we got him both his Covid and flu shots toward the end of his winter break (which we don’t always do). He didn’t mask during air travel, but was diligent about handwashing throughout the season, eating well, and getting enough sleep. I think he even used hand sanitizer at school before lunch (at long last, LOL). Every 4-5 days I gave him an Airborne supplement for immune support. His first audition was at the end of January, and his last was mid-March. It felt like a long time to dodge germs at school, but it was (amazingly) possible.

6 Likes

Yes! We are also so thankful my daughter (piano) stayed healthy. She is such a germaphobe. She takes vitamins daily, is mindful to not touch her face, washes her hands often. She does not take Covid or flu shots, but pretty much followed similar to your son”s health journey during auditions. But my husband got sick with a cold and we were all sharing a room. Thankfully neither my daughter or I caught it!!

1 Like

So we are waiting on Northwestern, USC, Peabody, and MSM. Does anyone know if these schools will send an email to check your portal? I know Northwestern is tomorrow so I guess I’m really asking for USC, Peabody, and MSM lol I didn’t like how Oberlin didn’t really send any email to check the portal and the only way we really knew is because of this group.