That’s so strange. DD (violin) got her Oberlin notification to check the portal by email on Saturday (3/21).
That’s really weird that she got an email and my son didn’t. He’s been getting plenty of emails since then but nothing came on Saturday.
Hey FSUSammy, we didn’t get anything from Oberlin either. It was only in the ‘Confirm your Teacher Preference’ email a few weeks back that mentioned 3/21. Nothing this past week.
USC does what it says so WED sounds like a big day!
Yikes, that’s worrisome, for other situations where things may be getting swallowed up “the system.” DD got the email from Oberlin in the AM, then the professor whose studio she was applying for sent an email later in the day. But it makes you wonder. She has a friend who was auditioning for the Glenn Gould School two years ago who claims she never got an email and had to call and get her answer.
We’re also waiting for McGill but have heard they provide notice in early April, after April 1.
Has anyone gotten any music merit from MSU yet?
Nope nothing. I know they said it can come through until May but I was really hoping for something even if its was a little by now. They are unfortunately making it super easy to put them in the No list.
May is kind of horrible.
I do know of a violin locally who got merit from MSU already. He was told like 3 days after his audition that he was accepted to the school even, which his audition was maybe the earliest date available - which I thought was interesting given that there were more dates after that, so it seemed like rolling admission. I think he found out his merit last week.
So my son was accepted to music at MSU a few days after his audition as well. He auditioned on January 30th I believe so not the earliest date but still pretty early. I thought for sure because they accepted him so quickly he would have gotten a scholarship.
it’s all probably instrument dependent, but for anyone reading this in future years, I think the message is just in case it is rolling admission, get in for your audition as soon as possible!!
Yes I’m sure it’s based on studio and even instrument. And I agree for anyone reading for next year……apply EA and get in as early as possible for your audition.
Happy to share some good news! After receiving a waitlist notification for a DMA at Stony Brook University on Friday, I got a notification that I have been accepted! WOOHOO
Congratulations! What instrument?
Eastman is out.
Eastman is out! Daughter is in, albeit still too expensive for us with 40K merit.
Flute!
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say flute given the username ![]()
As somebody said before, the final COA are very close among schools. It is going to be really tough for us to make a decision.
Yes here from Eastman.