And another Eastman
! (violin)
DS just heard from Rice that decisions will be release tomorrow after 8:pm. Assume that includes Shepherd.
Didn’t pay attention to the user name!! Lol
Wow! Vanderbilt got us all excited today.
Sent out an email to tell us to check our email tomorrow. Uhggg
Almost twice the COA at Eastman than Oberlin in our offers….. very similar level schools (violin). 96K seems like a crazy starting point for full cost, higher than Juilliard. Hoping the next 3 come in closer to Oberlin for us:) !
I think that the admissions offices (and the faculty, to some extent) at the schools are accustomed to fielding inquiries for adjustments based on competing offers. The professor whose studio DD applied for at NEC told her after the audition - “We’re very interested, so stay in touch if you need any help with financial aid.” So it sounds like that have some wiggle room.
Any yes $96K USD is an incredible sum.
Yes, if things head that way will certainly be asking!!
Something to also keep in mind with Eastman and possibly other schools is that the scholarship offer does not increase as tuition increases throughout the years. With that being said, our son is at Eastman and he absolutely loves it. It has been the perfect fit for him and he is thriving as a musician.
For us (BM Piano performance), the offers from Oberlin and Eastman are very close. However, my DC applied for dual degree programs at both the schools, so the things could be different. The merit scholarship from Oberlin is actually from College, not Conservatory. DC did not do well at the Oberlin’s audition, so it was lucky that DC did EA for College and got scholarship offer in advance.
As to Eastman, we heard that it does not provide good merit scholarship to undergraduates in general, so we are happy to get on offer equivalent to Oberlin. It could be because DC did well at the Eastman’s audition, but still the money could be from the academic side (U of Rochester). Since it is a combined offer, we cannot tell which school offers how much.
I’m wondering if you could post if/when you hear from U Mich about merit? I’m curious if we will get an email/update even if my son is not given any merit. Or do you just get an email/update when you are awarded some money? Hoping we hear something either way so that we can begin the appeal process since it is 1st choice right now. Thanks!
Will do.
Your message was a timely reminder for me to circle back and check up on things. We haven’t received any emails yet, and neither her Wolverine Access nor Enrollment Connect pages show any activity on the Financial Aid front.
I’m going to assume “No news is no news” as it stands right now.
I’ll ask you to please do the same! Good luck!
Kind of a new subtopic: for those with acceptances, are you hearing from the professor over the studio at all? my son has heard from 2 of his 4 professors since his acceptance, both of which were yesterday, and both of which are his top 2 at the moment. But kind of surprised to hear nothing from the other two at all, and these two were the acceptances he got the earliest.
Nope nothing really.
Yes, in maybe 2-3 of the cases; but not all.
New School Mannes and NYU Steinhardt are out
Waitlisted at Northwestern, good thing it wasn’t high on his list
Bienen is out… waitlisted
same ![]()
Waitlisted Vanderbilt.
Thornton is out! In at USC!