Colorguard as a boost in apps?

<p>im a current highschool freshman and i was looking into colleges(you can never be to prepared or look into it too early) and i want to major in theatre/drama, maybe double major with film. will it boost your application for performing arts schools such as suny purchase, tisch, ect if you were in band and colorguard? or wold it not change anything at all? thanks for the help:')</p>

<p>Band and colorguard involve a huge investment of time and energy. You should only do them if you really want to. The most important thing in BFA program admissions is the audition.</p>

<p>I agree. What will help you the most is acting classes and actual roles in plays.</p>

<p>I wouldn't get involved in activities like band or color guard just because you are hoping it will improve your chances of getting into college. Choose the activities you are interested in, and then you will be able to major in the subject you are interested in when you go to college. If you are really interested in theatre, you will get involved in theatre activities, and if your high school doesn't have them you will find somewhere else to get involved in theatre. If you are interested in band, then maybe you really want to be a music major?</p>

<p>KEVP</p>