Couple of the century one day and divorced next

Nah, no raw eggs or mirrors for my family. I grew up among a colorful lot. Knew it then and remember them fondly.

Peppers? Olive oil? “Horns”? Apparently there is also something with melted was and spitting into holy water!! That can’t be good.

LOL. All of us know at least a few people who should be sprinkling pepper and raw eggs on their iPads to keep their FB evil free.

Honestly I dont know a single person who would even think of doing that. Dont know anyone who believes in the “evil eye” superstition. Eggs on an ipad would solve the problem for a believer though, since the person would then be buying a new one!

Until a couple of weeks ago, I had never seen a divorce announced on FB. First, the husband’s post came thru my newsfeed and it was odd…“Uh, I guess we’re getting divorced, um, yes.” Then, the wife followed a few hours later with something like, “Now that the news is out, I need some help finding a place to live that will take dogs. Please no one send me any advice about reconciliation because I want this.”

Then in the comments someone posted, “are you safe”. then she posted that there was no fear about anything like that and that her H was a “good man.”

This was a couple who often posted happy, happy pics and who’ve been married 20+ years.

It was sad and just seemed odd to be in FB.

@jym626 I hope you know that I was kidding.

Honestly, with the flip- flopping, sometimes its hard to tell…

What does any of it have to do with facebook or divorce anyway?

@m2ck- that is sad that the couple shhared/aired their personal marital issues on fbk. That said, its a powerful way to find a place to live.

A woman in my town posted a long, scathing diatribe on FB about her husband leaving her, along with details of his other hurtful actions. She apparently was not aware of her privacy settings, and this post went out to friends of friends of friends, etc. I wasn’t FB friends with her and it showed up in my newsfeed. Yikes, she had 2 tween kids, same ages as mine, and thousands of us probably received it, not to mention relatives, etc. Someone must have tipped her off, as the post was removed a few days later.

Forgot to post on this thread over the weekend.

I’m not a fan of the lovey dovey stuff on FB, and it’s not because I’m jealous. It’s because I find it nauseating. Not always, but the people who do it all the time look a little pathetic in my opinion.

It’s like bragging or public display of affection - people are free to do it, of course, but it ends up making everyone around them uncomfortable and nauseas. Of course, on FB, you can just look away, which is what I always do after I do my 2 or 3 days on there every year or so.

I love the “widowed” status story - that’s awesome. There were probably gasps all over town from the lovey dovey crowd :slight_smile:

The worst thing about my most recent time on FB was that I found out that most, if not all, of the people I know on there are voting for the candidate I can’t stand. I would have preferred not to know that, but I was so amazed that I couldn’t look away.

@kathyrain, that’s a scary story about the person who ended up broadcasting their relationship problems. Most people have no idea what is private and what isn’t. Facebook is dangerous.