Cute: Good or bad?

<p>As a girl, I'd tell you not to think much of it. Unless these sorts of statements and actions are accompanied by a lot of other, they don't mean much. I tell guy friends they're cute all the time. That sort of "I love you" gets tossed around all the time. When I rest my head on a guys shoulder, it's slightly more suggestive, and I definitely feel close to the guy, but it doesn't mean I want to jump his bones.</p>

<p>You had to use that many question marks and exclamation points to ask this question?</p>

<p>it depends on what kind of girl said it. if its the kind of girl who says 'i love you' and 'cute' and gives everyone and their brother a hug, its probably no big deal, it means you are indeed, cute, but so is everyone else. if its the kind of girl who doesnt throw that kind of thing around very often, she might like you? or maybe not, who knows.</p>

<p>you just have to figure out for yourself, too many confounding variables and lurking variables to make a valid conclusion.</p>

<p>spruce, whats wrong with hugging??</p>

<p>It really depends. I'm a girl and I use the word "cute" to guys and most of them hate it. </p>

<p>I guess it depends on what kind of conversation you were having with her beforehand. </p>

<p>I've used the word "cute" for several reasons:</p>

<ol>
<li>Not to offend them.</li>
<li>Not to come out as too forward or obsessive by saying, "you're hot!" or something along the lines</li>
<li>Because they're adorable. </li>
</ol>

<p>haha. Us girls are complicated. :)</p>

<p>tomjonesistheman: you must be taking AP stats lol.</p>

<p>To the OP: I don't know the answer to your question as I'm still trying to figure out girls myself.</p>

<p>
[quote]
I don't know about for guys, but I consider a "cute" girl more datable, and a "hot" girl more one night standable.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>same here</p>

<p>
[quote]
Whip it out the next time you're alone. Gauge reaction.

[/quote]
</p>

<p>That would be effective too.</p>

<p>Girls are so evil. They play with your head just for fun. I remember this one girl the other day that asked me if I had a GF when she clearly had a BF. Last thing you want to do is take advice from girls because thier interpretation can be different then a regular guy.</p>

<p>sometimes being playful can backfire, like it did to me. be careful about it.</p>

<p>to the OP: cute does not mean bad, but I wouldn't stress over it.</p>

<p>Aw...You guys are soooo cute.</p>

<p>See? Nothing to it.</p>

<p>Cute... what my last girlfriend called my 3 year old brother</p>

<p>^ouch...might as well have whacked the OP with a stick</p>

<p>cute means something different to like every girl.. so i wouldn't read to much into it.</p>

<p>If the randomly resting her head on your shoulder thing is pretty common, she probably likes you....that's what I instinctively do with guys I like.</p>

<p>What if they don't like getting cupcake on their clothes? Most guys don't, y'know.</p>

<p>I am a girl too, so here:</p>

<p>"cute" will never be used to describe guys we have any intrest in. As a matter of fact, no version of "cute" including "handsome" "sexy" or "sweet" will be used in a serious matter like that. When we like a guy we just can't say that stuff. Too nervous of what that guy will think.</p>

<p>If she sounds like she is joking, she is.</p>

<p>For the third one, I rest my head on the guy I like's shoulder but only because we are, like, best friends. haha.</p>

<p>It's a good thing. It was probably just a subtle form of flirting because wouldn't it be weird if she said "_____, you are so hot" LOL?</p>

<p>she's just given you permission to let your basilisk enter her chamber of secrets. go for it. :P</p>

<p>^Wow, you're really sex-obsessed for a <16 year old that doesn't like math.</p>