I just got an email for an interview with an alumna and I was wondering if any of you have any helpful tips.
Be prepared to explain “why Dartmouth?” It’s a unique place. Rather isolated but Hanover is a lovely little town.
I did my interview and my interviewer mentioned nothing about “why Dartmouth” haha, confident as heck
Hello! I know your interview has passed but I am putting this here for others looking for info. I recently had my interview (Feb 2021) and these were the questions he asked haha:
- What are your academic passions and interests?
- “Geek out” and tell me about something that has sparked your curiosity in the past few months.
- What extracurriculars were important to you?
- Desert island-- what book would you take?
- What is an accomplishment you are proud of?
- What is something that you struggled with and had to persevere through?
- How would people who know you describe you?
- Why are you applying to Dartmouth?
These are from my memory so I sorta paraphrased what he asked. Every interview is going to be different. So yeah! Maybe check out the questions on Dartmouth’s website.