Dartmouth (full pay) vs Ole Miss (full ride) [physics (pre-PhD) and economics (pre-finance/consulting) major]

Lots said in the many posts here.

I do not agree that a candidate should not prominently present their merit scholarships on a resume and I also do not agree they cannot weave in something effective during the interview process. My daughter did it effectively in the IB world. On the other hand, I do believe Ole Miss will prove to be a challenge in the chance IB becomes a priority.

I love the questions around other schools, because if the parents would pay for UF, for example, that would improve OPs situation significantly IMO. It has become much stronger in finance for those who are following the trends.

Finally, if we are deciding between the two, I would choose Dartmouth if parents decide it is affordable, and Miss if they decide it is not.

7 Likes