<p>did anyone who applied to UNC also apply to U Michigan? I did and was accepted on Saturday. It was a real confidence booster, i must admit!</p>
<p>Soccer Girl - I don’t know about this school in particular, but I’ve always been told that taking AP tests can only help you. Colleges like to see that you took the test. A high grade would probably help, but I don’t think a low grade would hurt, especially if you passed the class. Remember, though, I’ve heard this from my AP teachers, not college admissions people.</p>
<p>yeah i applied to michigan, and was also accepted there as well. i heard from michigan back in october though (gotta love the rolling admissions…)</p>
<p>Accepted in state:
White Male
Mount Tabor High School (very competitive)
around 100/400 class rank
SAT V: 700
SAT M: 620
SAT W: 610 (10 Subscore)
4.3 GPA
Held a job during school year, editor of school newspaper, 500+ service hours, etc.
Legacy</p>
<p>Anyone else out there getting their letter?</p>
<p>I am oos and would love to know!</p>
<p>got my letter January 21st.</p>
<p>GPA: 3.7 Unweighted/4.43 Weighted
SAT V 800
SAT M 690
SAT W 700
Many Honors and 4 APs</p>
<p>I know ea decisions are out but has anyone gotten regular yet?</p>
<p>wev162, oos?</p>
<p>Accepted (in state)
4.21 GPA
760 verbal
680 math
660 writing
School President
6 AP’s</p>
<p>are you in state or oos and ea or reg?</p>
<p>any chance they are going to start posting this?
My info on the UNC website says orientation registration is March 15. I guess that is for the ea?
And it has an icon for ordering a computer but when I try to, it won’t let me.<br>
So frustrating!</p>
<p>it makes me kinda sad that so many people can get in from NC while those who are more qualified but live out of state are denied… :(</p>
<p>i got in though
4.917 GPA
34 ACT
Rank: 1/368
Various EC’s
6 AP’s/4,4,5
in state</p>
<p>except whould anyone out there answer the question:</p>
<p>Has anyone gotten in that is NOT EA?
And not instate. We already know the EA decisions are made.
We already know that in-state gets in before oos.</p>
<p>BUT WE WANT TO KNOW OOS AND REG DECISION!!!</p>
<p>aw astreske104, that’s so nice of you lol
makes me sad too but that’s the point of a state school
congrats!</p>
<p>RD are not scheduled to hear until march 31st, probably a little earlier than that since EA heard early also.</p>
<p>i got a “love letter” friday (3/3)</p>
<p>ill post my stats b/c im avoiding finishing the sound and the fury. argh</p>
<p>OOS new jersey, public school
SATI: 2300
SATII: IIc 770, chem 710, span 680
GPA: 4.0/5.86
Rank: 2/235
APs: English 5, US History 4… 5 AP classes this yr
E/Cs- Varsity Soccer (All-League), Varsity Tennis, Stock Market Club VP, other clubs, Internship at money management firm, NHS, WLNHS, bunch of volunteerism
National Merit Finalist</p>
<p>i have a friend who got in with a 3.5 GPA ( dont know weighted)…1700 SAT and good Ec’s…but he’s a URM (African AMerican)</p>
<p>He also got into University of Michigan</p>
<p>^^^he was also out of state</p>
<p>also who would apply RD to UNC if it is not binding and there is no ED only EA. DOesnt make a lot of sense but w/e</p>