Decisions and Stats for Class of 2010

<p>I got accepted OOS from the suburbs of NYC…URM (Half-Hispanic)…1st Generation American </p>

<p>GPA: 96.667 (Weighted) 91.4 (UW)
Rank: 35/602 Top 5%
SAT: CR: 550 Math: 500 Writing: 540
ACT: 25
SAT II: BIO: 640 USH: 680</p>

<p>2 AP’s Junior Year: USH: 5 BIO: 4
3 AP’s Senior Year: Latin (Vergil) + Govt/Politics + Physics B</p>

<p>Commended Student: National Merit Scholarship
Nat’l Hispanic Scholar </p>

<p>I’m too lazy to list my EC’s right now lol</p>

<p>I’m sorry, but AA is just unfair.</p>

<p>Amen to that</p>

<p>uh huh. (10 char)</p>

<p>So, I guess regular admissions decisions have been posted…</p>

<p>AA is actually a good program that needs to be in place as long as the massive race gap that seperates whites from other minorities contines.</p>

<p>Decision: ACCEPTED</p>

<p>**Out-Of-State **
How Applied: RD</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SAT: 2240 V730 M780 W730
[</em>] SAT IIs: IIC 800 Korean 800 Chem 750 Phy 720
[<em>] GPA: 3.8ish (probably lower)
[</em>] Rank: school doesnt rank. top 5%
[li] Other stats: ACT: 32, TOEFL: 293</p>[/li]
<p>[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[<em>] Essays: okay… wrote them all myself with a few advice from friends/teachers
[</em>] Teacher Recs: okay but trite
[<em>] Counselor Rec: really plain. new school this year so knew him for only 4 months
[</em>] Hook (if any): lots of ECs… </p>

<p>[/ul]Location/Person:[ul]
[<em>] State or Country: Canada
[</em>] School Type: Public
[<em>] Ethnicity: Korean
[</em>] Gender: Female</p>

<p>[/ul]**Other Factors: i had lots of community service hours, that might have helped. played sports(won a couple of provincial championships). joined few clubs. volunteered for hospice/helping street people. i guess i had the “diversity” **
**General Comments: SOO HAPPY i got accepted! i couldn’t believe it. i think i just got really lucky!! congrats to all others and good luck to everyone else!! **</p>

<p>my stats are on post 71</p>

<p>I have no clue how I have been accepted over so many other worthy candidates. Oh well. I wish all of you the best. If you were rejected or waitlisted, I hope you applied to more colleges than this…where I know you will find the college you so justly deserve. For those accepted, GO TARHEELS! See you next year.</p>

<p>accepted in-state
4.06 gpa
650cr/640m/670w
awesome recs
great essays
great ecs</p>

<p>-congrats to all who have gotten in and im keeping my fingers crossed for those of you on the wait-list…</p>

<p>Decision: ACCEPTED</p>

<p>Stats:[ul]
[<em>] SAT I: 1900 (720M, 550V, 630W)
[</em>] SAT IIs: Bio 720, Physics 700, MathI 730
[<em>] ACT: 27
[</em>] GPA: 4.95w, 3.91 uw
[<em>] Rank: 3/289
[</em>] Accepted: Early
[<em>] # of apps from your school: 30+
[/ul]Subjective:[ul]
[</em>] Essays: Good (Fly essay was fun)
[<em>] Teacher Recs: Good
[</em>] Counselor Rec: Not so good
[<em>] Hook (if any): In-State
[</em>] Important ECs: Eagle Scout, Comm Service, NC Gov School, 11 years piano, Club Offices
[/ul]Location/Person:[ul]
[<em>] State or Country: NC
[</em>] School Type: 3A Public
[<em>] Ethnicity: Filipino
[</em>] Gender: Male
[<em>] Perceived Strengths/Weaknesses: ECs, Grades / Test Scores
[</em>] Is UNC your #1 choice?: not really
[/ul]</p>

<p>Congrats to all accepted applicants!</p>

<p>polkovnik I am also I a leaders club… what kinds of community service projects did you do in that club??</p>

<p>Accepted!</p>

<p>Out of state (texas)
non-legacy</p>

<p>2260 SAT
3.83 uw gpa
national merit (presumed) finalist
lots of ec’s</p>

<p>You have posted on an old link (2010 is the college class not the high school class)—there are links for posting for this year’s group, class of 2014</p>

<p>Congrats, though—UNC is a fab school</p>

<p>Bump…10char</p>

<p>Why did you bump this?</p>